Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Would YOU Become a Raider?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Hell Yeah!
21%
 21% [ 8 ]
Hell No!
42%
 42% [ 16 ]
Depends on their principles
37%
 37% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU Become a Raider?   Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:03 am

No (because I'm a goody goody two shoes).

But I argue that it would probably be far more dangerous than risking it as a lightly armed traveler, or hobo. The latter being my favorite prospect.

If you're depending on raiding other people for your living, likely at some point you're going to get a bounty on your head (assuming there are a few established communities). Going alone, sooner or later you're probably going to be killed by an experienced bounty hunter, a revengeful party, or another raider/group that has moved into your prowling grounds.

Okay, so just join a group like the fiends (without the psychopathic drugs), strength in numbers right? Now not only do you have to worry about a local militia attempting to counter you, but your own colleagues. It's a group of thieves, murderers, desperate individuals, despots, and potential crazies. If you happen to become a liability, or it would seem more beneficial to kill you to get more of the loot, your ass is the grass.

I wouldn't be totally against the idea of something like the Great Kahns, as they are at least organized, and seem to know their boundaries.

kdavis1937

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU Become a Raider?   Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:51 pm

I think this is obviously a very moral choice. With that being said I think it has the potential to be a very grey area for me. Perhaps I would raid, rob and kill; but I would do it to keep my family or community alive for a greater good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU Become a Raider?   Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:23 pm

I would prefer a raider life yes , but not necessarily in the anarchic way of things more in the freedom side of it.

Most major cities in fallout games are weak and the smaller towns are even weaker , and if some vault or courier nobody can survive in their than a raider with low morals can surely accomplish at least similar results.

Also I do believe raiders can become peaceful after some time raiding when they have finally achieved all their goals.
Unless of course you yourself are a psycho or a cannibal which might complicate matters a great deal , but in the lands of mini nukes there is always a way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
c4in

Character sheet
Name: Sinister
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU Become a Raider?   Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:50 pm

Not really, but if circumstances in one way or another are forcing me to it, then yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patriot1776

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU Become a Raider?   Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:03 pm

I'd like to think not, and most people would say they never would, but realistically most humans wouldn't become the godly unstoppable hero we see in Fallout. When it comes down to survival, whether your starving or need supplies or shelter, you'll really see what people are capable of. I'd say I wouldn't become one, but if you wanna live becoming a raider would be one of your best options, even if that means killing/stealing to survive. There is no morals in the apocalypse. There is no good or bad, just him or me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dankashen

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU Become a Raider?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:24 pm

NOPE! I would never be a junkie losing his sanity each day. I couldn't kill so many innocent people just for loot. Also im bound to live a short life as of chems, NCR, Mercenary's and even wildlife.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU Become a Raider?   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2