Info Panel
________________
FO MOD MASTER THREAD
TES MOD MASTER THREAD

________________


________________
_
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Calendar Calendar


Fallout 5 location?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by erebamagi_10 on 05.04.17 5:54

i'd like to go back to CA, the thing i pictured is that Dust is cannon and the NCR is being pushed to the limit this causes massive unrest and certain factions  IE enclave remnants and brotherhood of steel remnants are using this to try to tear the union to Pieces. can the current fragile union stand against the tunnelers or is your best bet to reform the union before there is nothing left to reform.

_________________
chown -R US ./Base
avatar
erebamagi_10

Posts : 250
Join date : 2016-05-30
Age : 32
Location : Close to the Madness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by Nukacide on 05.04.17 6:25

That's good but I would prefer it if Fallout 5 was in a new location such as San Francisco. Many new factions could thrive from this city as well as old ones. It would be cool to see landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz being used as a possible base for the Brotherhood of Steel. Also many new enemies could be born. I think it would be a pretty fresh location for a change.

_________________
avatar
Nukacide

Posts : 541
Join date : 2017-03-04
Location : ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ

Character sheet
Name: ʜᴀᴡᴋ
Faction: ᴍᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴀʀʏ
Level: ∞

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by erebamagi_10 on 05.04.17 8:41

um nuka san fran is in CA and would i my imagining one one the major story areas.

_________________
chown -R US ./Base
avatar
erebamagi_10

Posts : 250
Join date : 2016-05-30
Age : 32
Location : Close to the Madness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by Nukacide on 05.04.17 9:06

@erebamagi_10 My bad! LOL! Sorry, I'm from half-way across the world, I actually didn't know that.

_________________
avatar
Nukacide

Posts : 541
Join date : 2017-03-04
Location : ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ

Character sheet
Name: ʜᴀᴡᴋ
Faction: ᴍᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴀʀʏ
Level: ∞

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by jetpack4 on 05.04.17 20:47

Didnt Canada get annexed by the US before 2077? I would love to play a fallout game there. I wonder if the mutants there say sorry while they shoot at you? TongueTril

_________________
avatar
jetpack4

Posts : 27
Join date : 2016-02-07
Location : Norn Iron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by nocthesis on 06.04.17 17:50

I have mixed feelings on New California. I think it has potential, but by the point of New Vegas the Republic itself is implied to be very much post-apocalyptic, in that the NCR has effectively managed to rebuild a society with some semblance of pre-war order. I mean even New Vegas was ordered in comparison to the anarchy of 1 and 3, and to a lesser degree 2, with the Legion, Mr House and the NCR all providing different sources of authority and order. I mean yes there are apocalyptic hints at a tunneller invasion, and it'd be interesting to see the first true post-war human society face an existential threat (reminds me very much of the upcoming Planet of the Apes film Very Happy where the human remnants have to face off the apes), but otherwise I'm not sure. Also not really too keen on Bethesda being involved in West Coast lore.

I think in terms of an international setting a nice compromise would be to have some sort of spinoff game set abroad. I know Fallout: Extreme was planned to partially take place in Russia and China, so it's an interesting idea. But I actually think there's still plenty of unexplored territory in the US that has great Fallout potential - the South East (Carolina's/Louisiana) would be interesting, as there is very little existing lore regarding that part of the world.
avatar
nocthesis

Posts : 46
Join date : 2017-03-24
Age : 18
Location : Derbyshire, UK

Character sheet
Name: Hazzah
Faction: The Unity
Level: lou tenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by Kenneth Cawaling Castillo on 06.04.17 19:20

As long as i see the NCR again, i don't mind about the place. Or maybe Canada since...well the Resource war was held at that country and i'm quite curious on what happened to it.
avatar
Kenneth Cawaling Castillo

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by GhastlyDemise on 07.04.17 3:39

I don't see a Fallout title being set in a foreign nation. Thinking from the perspective of a developer, you want to hit a target market that is wide enough and isn't alienating. Russia is a large target market as STALKER and Metro 2033 have used Russia and Former Soviet Spheres of Influence and have a large market as evidenced by larp communities in Eastern Europe. Much like how Disney retooled the background of the character of The Mandarin as not to anger Chinese audiences and disturb Disney's Foreign Box Office in China as a whole; I can certainly see Bethesda following suit and avoiding exacerbating current political tensions or doing anything that could be misinterpreted as propaganda. One must remember that one of the Trump family is involved with Zenimax now as well.

Areas I would personally love to see:
Seattle - Northern locations aren't really touched up on. Fallout 3 + 4 being obvious exceptions, but I'm not too impressed with 4 if I'm going to be completely honest. But in any instance, cold rainy atmosphere, more hills, dense dead or mutated trees, etc.

New Orleans - I don't know if I would so much center the entire game on New Orleans so much as I would make it a DLC ala The Pitt, and have it be an extension of a game set around the Florida keys. Could experiment with hurricanes, crocodiles, etc.

Texas - Three Words: Fallout - Bad Lands. Would keep the entire vibe of New Vegas but with more dense flora and much hillier. Disregard the non canon games centered in the area.

Great Lakes - Erie Stretch. Detroit, Cleveland, Erie would all be locations, and you could do a follow up to The Pitt, and have NPCs from Fallout 3 easily enough.

_________________
avatar
GhastlyDemise

Posts : 65
Join date : 2015-08-07
Age : 24
Location : Above Ground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by Slackboy101 on 07.04.17 5:32

@GhastlyDemise wrote:I don't see a Fallout title being set in a foreign nation. Thinking from the perspective of a developer, you want to hit a target market that is wide enough and isn't alienating. Russia is a large target market as STALKER and Metro 2033 have used Russia and Former Soviet Spheres of Influence and have a large market as evidenced by larp communities in Eastern Europe. Much like how Disney retooled the background of the character of The Mandarin as not to anger Chinese audiences and disturb Disney's Foreign Box Office in China as a whole; I can certainly see Bethesda following suit and avoiding exacerbating current political tensions or doing anything that could be misinterpreted as propaganda. One must remember that one of the Trump family is involved with Zenimax now as well.

Areas I would personally love to see:
Seattle - Northern locations aren't really touched up on. Fallout 3 + 4 being obvious exceptions, but I'm not too impressed with 4 if I'm going to be completely honest. But in any instance, cold rainy atmosphere, more hills, dense dead or mutated trees, etc.

New Orleans - I don't know if I would so much center the entire game on New Orleans so much as I would make it a DLC ala The Pitt, and have it be an extension of a game set around the Florida keys. Could experiment with hurricanes, crocodiles, etc.

Texas - Three Words: Fallout - Bad Lands. Would keep the entire vibe of New Vegas but with more dense flora and much hillier. Disregard the non canon games centered in the area.

Great Lakes - Erie Stretch. Detroit, Cleveland, Erie would all be locations, and you could do a follow up to The Pitt, and have NPCs from Fallout 3 easily enough.

Send this man to Bethesda ASAP!

_________________
Don't be a Dummy
avatar
Slackboy101

Posts : 65
Join date : 2017-03-08

Character sheet
Name: John Stark
Faction: Yes Man
Level: 9001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by cyber_funk on 07.04.17 8:28

West Coast, and made by Obsidian. Preferably I want the Van Buren we never got, I don't care if it's in first person or isometric perspective.

Though most of the key members have left Obsidian since New Vegas, so it's a shadow of it's former self. What a shame.

_________________
avatar
cyber_funk

Posts : 186
Join date : 2017-03-26
Location : Night City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by BITBUT on 07.04.17 10:57

I'd probably like to see a midwestern location. Hopefully a unique setting preferably not too empty hmmfnvhmm and not too boring hmmmfallout4hmm.

_________________
avatar
BITBUT

Posts : 576
Join date : 2015-12-22
Age : 26
Location : High Hrothgar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by GhastlyDemise on 07.04.17 17:53

@"Slackboy101" As someone who is trying to become a game designer, I appreciate that compliment more than you know. Thank you.

_________________
avatar
GhastlyDemise

Posts : 65
Join date : 2015-08-07
Age : 24
Location : Above Ground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by erebamagi_10 on 07.04.17 21:28

well maybe there is still some hope maybe beth soft would put the next spinoff in the hands of inexile
imagine what they could do with fallout. and as for the former shadow comment they may have lost some OG fallout makers but i remember reading they not to long ago grabed another OG that was instumental in FO2

_________________
chown -R US ./Base
avatar
erebamagi_10

Posts : 250
Join date : 2016-05-30
Age : 32
Location : Close to the Madness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by Corvo on 07.04.17 21:44

@erebamagi_10 yeh but an inXile Fallout game would basically just be a Wasteland game.

If anybody does a Fallout game, I wish it was Rockstar. There's no chance in hell for this to be the case but imagine Fallout in the orgasmic RAGE engine. They could even bring back the Chryslus Highwaymans as drivable vehicles. Rockstar have already done Desert, City and even Winter landscapes in GTA V so they could reuse assets from there! Not only that, but nobody would complain about graphics or story because Rockstar does everything to perfection in all their games! It seems like a pipe dream, but one can dream.

Landscapes they could use:





If possibly Fallout went to New York, Rockstar would be the ideal pick to create it, because they already have the assets from Liberty City to reuse. There's even an Fallout RPG mod for GTA V and it just works.

_________________
avatar
Corvo

Posts : 1021
Join date : 2016-12-16
Location : Dreamscape

Character sheet
Name: Corvo
Faction:
Level: Colonial

View user profile https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by cyber_funk on 07.04.17 21:46

@Corvo wrote:@"erebamagi_10" yeh but an inXile Fallout game would basically just be a Wasteland game.

If anybody does a Fallout game, I wish it was Rockstar. There's no chance in hell for this to be the case but imagine Fallout in the orgasmic RAGE engine. They could even bring back the Chryslus Highwaymans as drivable vehicles. Rockstar have already done Desert, City and even Winter landscapes in GTA V so they could reuse assets from there! Not only that, but nobody would complain about graphics or story because Rockstar does everything to perfection in all their games! It seems like a pipe dream, but one can dream.

Landscapes they could use:





If possibly Fallout went to New York, Rockstar would be the ideal pick to create it, because they already have the assets from Liberty City to reuse. There's even an Fallout RPG mod for GTA V and it just works.

Dear god that could go really well or absolutely miserably.

I wouldn't mind it if they kept all the oldschool CRPG mechanics from 1/2/NV. But that would NEVER happen.

_________________
avatar
cyber_funk

Posts : 186
Join date : 2017-03-26
Location : Night City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by Corvo on 07.04.17 23:51

@cyber_funk wrote:I wouldn't mind it if they kept all the oldschool CRPG mechanics from 1/2/NV. But that would NEVER happen.

They could keep stuff like perks, VATS and traits, as GTA V has a skill system with skills like stamina, strength and accuracy and Max Payne has bullet time, which is basically a slow motion free-aim version of VATS.

Also, Rockstar generally do a lot to make their games not feel like mods for GTA. Red Dead Redemption had duels, horses and even bullet time (dead eye) to make it feel different to any other game.

_________________
avatar
Corvo

Posts : 1021
Join date : 2016-12-16
Location : Dreamscape

Character sheet
Name: Corvo
Faction:
Level: Colonial

View user profile https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by cyber_funk on 08.04.17 14:05

@Corvo wrote:
@cyber_funk wrote:I wouldn't mind it if they kept all the oldschool CRPG mechanics from 1/2/NV. But that would NEVER happen.

They could keep stuff like perks, VATS and traits, as GTA V has a skill system with skills like stamina, strength and accuracy and Max Payne has bullet time, which is basically a slow motion free-aim version of VATS.

Also, Rockstar generally do a lot to make their games not feel like mods for GTA. Red Dead Redemption had duels, horses and even bullet time (dead eye) to make it feel different to any other game.
Well there's nothing preventing them from having regular VATS. But more importantly what I mean is, sure, they might have perks like fallout 4.
But here's what Fallout 4 DIDN'T have:
-skills
-traits
-character-based dialogue checks(I.E. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XllttBJi98)
-repair system
-weapon crafting
-weapon holstering
-needs(hunger, thirst, sleep) system
-Reputation system(not even the dumb karma system from 3)

And even then, assuming it DID have everything I listed. "It has skills" doesn't make it a CRPG.
In NV for instance:
-Every character could be killed(except children)
-Likewise you can go through the game without ever killing a single living thing.
-No binary morality, each of the 22 or so factions are as morally ambiguous as the last and all have realistic motives and cultures you could involve yourself in and determine their outcome.
-Player has significant impact on the world with many branching possibilities, each with various outcomes that heavily affect the world for the rest of the game and impose long term consequences for the players actions(no illusion of choice mass effect bullshit)
-Diverse, memorable quests that go beyond fetch quests and "Kill X amount of Y" skyrim-tier bullshit.
-Quests could actually be failed.
-Dialogue was not tone neutral

These kinds of things weren't really the case for 3 or 4. So much like Fallout 4 it will probably just be a casual sandbox shooter instead of a CRPG. And that doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I'm no longer the target audience, I've been replaced.

But if they kept the same design philosophy of the originals I think rockstar might make a pretty damn good fallout, especially if they use the same tech from GTAIV. But the odds of that happening even assuming they do end up making a fallout title are slim. A casual nuFallout player isn't going to care if it's a CRPG or not, they typically just want to to run around and kill whatever, whenever with little repercussions for their actions so they can move onto the next binary shallow choice with no second guessing.

Fuck man, I'm not usually this cynical and it may seem like I'm being too harsh but what happened to my favorite franchise is a real tragedy to me. And I didn't even mention the lore problems.


Last edited by cyber_funk on 08.04.17 14:23; edited 2 times in total

_________________
avatar
cyber_funk

Posts : 186
Join date : 2017-03-26
Location : Night City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by Tactical DropBear on 08.04.17 14:13

I'd love a fallout game set in the south. Now I've only met cowboys up north in the fallout games and they were pretty tough, I can only imagine what the boys in Texas might be like.

_________________
My Achievements:

avatar
Tactical DropBear

Posts : 353
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by Corvo on 08.04.17 16:17

@cyber_funk wrote:
@Corvo wrote:
@cyber_funk wrote:I wouldn't mind it if they kept all the oldschool CRPG mechanics from 1/2/NV. But that would NEVER happen.

They could keep stuff like perks, VATS and traits, as GTA V has a skill system with skills like stamina, strength and accuracy and Max Payne has bullet time, which is basically a slow motion free-aim version of VATS.

Also, Rockstar generally do a lot to make their games not feel like mods for GTA. Red Dead Redemption had duels, horses and even bullet time (dead eye) to make it feel different to any other game.
Well there's nothing preventing them from having regular VATS. But more importantly what I mean is, sure, they might have perks like fallout 4.
But here's what Fallout 4 DIDN'T have:
-skills
-traits
-character-based dialogue checks(I.E. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XllttBJi98)
-repair system
-weapon crafting
-weapon holstering
-needs(hunger, thirst, sleep) system
-Reputation system(not even the dumb karma system from 3)

And even then, assuming it DID have everything I listed. "It has skills" doesn't make it a CRPG.
In NV for instance:
-Every character could be killed(except children)
-Likewise you can go through the game without ever killing a single living thing.
-No binary morality, each of the 22 or so factions are as morally ambiguous as the last and all have realistic motives and cultures you could involve yourself in and determine their outcome.
-Player has significant impact on the world with many branching possibilities, each with various outcomes that heavily affect the world for the rest of the game and impose long term consequences for the players actions(no illusion of choice mass effect bullshit)
-Diverse, memorable quests that go beyond fetch quests and "Kill X amount of Y" skyrim-tier bullshit.
-Quests could actually be failed.
-Dialogue was not tone neutral

These kinds of things weren't really the case for 3 or 4. So much like Fallout 4 it will probably just be a casual sandbox shooter instead of a CRPG. And that doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I'm no longer the target audience, I've been replaced.

But if they kept the same design philosophy of the originals I think rockstar might make a pretty damn good fallout, especially if they use the same tech from GTAIV. But the odds of that happening even assuming they do end up making a fallout title are slim. A casual nuFallout player isn't going to care if it's a CRPG or not, they typically just want to to run around and kill whatever, whenever with little repercussions for their actions so they can move onto the next binary shallow choice with no second guessing.

Fuck man, I'm not usually this cynical and it may seem like I'm being too harsh but what happened to my favorite franchise is a real tragedy to me. And I didn't even mention the lore problems.

@cyber_funk did you even play Fallout 4? It has a needs system, it's called SURVIVAL MODE and the Reputation system is exactly like Vegas. That's why if you attack a member of the Institute, Railroad or Brotherhood, you will get a message saying you are enemies with them now. How do you think you get the "Banished from the Institute" quest?

So what you're saying is that Obsidian couldn't bring back the CRPG mechanics from the old games back in 2010 because they weren't Black Isle? Rockstar could bring back all you said and more. I was just talking about landscapes, clearly. So by that logic, Rockstar creating the game is a definite flop, when all their games are well-received with long production time. Rockstar making the next game would not make your predictions correct instantly, they could bring back pacifist playthroughs, the works. I wonder how many people thought Fallout NV would be good back in 2009, huh?

Sorry to rip into your long ass post like this, but I think you're just being paranoid. I said nothing about CRPG mechanics, and making an entire rant shitpost about Fallout 4 is not going to help you prove Rockstar isn't a good game studio.

_________________
avatar
Corvo

Posts : 1021
Join date : 2016-12-16
Location : Dreamscape

Character sheet
Name: Corvo
Faction:
Level: Colonial

View user profile https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by cyber_funk on 09.04.17 9:15

@Corvo wrote:So what you're saying is that Obsidian couldn't bring back the CRPG mechanics from the old games back in 2010 because they weren't Black Isle?
Not at all. I specifically said that I thought Obsidian's New Vegas was the last true CRPG Fallout title. I don't know where you're getting this. I didn't even say anything remotely close to this.

@Corvo wrote:I think you're just being paranoid. I said nothing about CRPG mechanics, and making an entire rant shitpost about Fallout 4 is not going to help you prove Rockstar isn't a good game studio.
What? The discussion wasn't about Rockstar being a good game studio or not(which I personally think they are), it was about how a Fallout developed by Rockstar could potentially turn out.

And for the record, having an unpopular opinion isn't "shitposting".

_________________
avatar
cyber_funk

Posts : 186
Join date : 2017-03-26
Location : Night City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 5 location?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum