Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Quick question regarding merge patch and bashed patch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Foreceps

PostSubject: Quick question regarding merge patch and bashed patch   Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:19 am

Hello anyone who's been modding for awhile and can clear up this question for me - when you create a merge patch through FNVEdit, do you apply script to this merge patch.esp in wryeflash and include it in your bashed patch as well?

Just wondering because I hit "apply script" to my merge patch.esp, and then wryeflash says it could be merged into the bash patch as well, so after updating my bashed patch it unchecks my merge patch.esp in the load order. This is supposed to happen right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shin8651

PostSubject: Re: Quick question regarding merge patch and bashed patch   Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:37 pm

They both do the same thing. You should only use one or the other in my experience. If you opened FNVEdit with your merged patch and bashed patch together. You will see that the bashed patch wins most if not all conflict. Therefore, whatever is last in your load order wins. This is my understanding at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foreceps

PostSubject: Re: Quick question regarding merge patch and bashed patch   Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:25 pm

@shin8651 wrote:
They both do the same thing. You should only use one or the other in my experience. If you opened FNVEdit with your merged patch and bashed patch together. You will see that the bashed patch wins most if not all conflict. Therefore, whatever is last in your load order wins. This is my understanding at least.

I heard that bashed patch doesn't completely fixes everything, and the leftovers are taken care of by the merge patch. Though coming back to my original question of whether or not merge patch should be tagged and "apply script" to in wryeflash is yet to be answered ... funny how I never thought of this question to ask before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shin8651

PostSubject: Re: Quick question regarding merge patch and bashed patch   Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:53 pm

Well, I'm no expert but using Wyre Bash method provides a lot of options when creating the bash patch all the way down to setting timescale, naming conflicts, etc. I believe it's only for FNV, Skryim. Unless you know what you are doing performing a Merged patch via FNVEdit consist of loading all mods or selected mods, choosing the last ESP in the load order, right clicking and selecting Merge. Any additional tweaks you have to perform manually. Not to take the above literally but just a quick informative summary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick question regarding merge patch and bashed patch   

Back to top Go down

Quick question regarding merge patch and bashed patch

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1