Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

FO MOD MASTER THREAD
TES MOD MASTER THREAD

Contests Ended!
Winners Posted!

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Share | 

What leveling system do you like best?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Skyrim, Morrowind, Or New Vegas leveling system
Skyrim
41%
 41% [ 7 ]
New Vegas
47%
 47% [ 8 ]
Morrowind
12%
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
atenkhembi

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: What leveling system do you like best?   Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:06 pm

What leveling system do you like best, new vegas, skyrim, or morrowind? Personally, i think morrowind was the funnest to level and go through, though i prefer new vegas leveling, skyrim, i dont like how you have to level a skill to level, but i love the game its self
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primus_Daibhidh

Character sheet
Name: CT-5807
Faction: Norce Phorse
Level: Get on It

PostSubject: Re: What leveling system do you like best?   Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:18 pm

I'd say Skyrim, because I like the ability to make skills legendary and reassign perk point.

View user profile
Corvo

Character sheet
Name: Lone Wanderer
Faction: Lyons' Pride
Level: Star Paladin

PostSubject: Re: What leveling system do you like best?   Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Skyrim. I have to say it's the game that pushed me to level up constantly and I was glad to see some elements of that integrated into Fallout 4.

3 and New Vegas did alright with the leveling system but I just hated how easy it was to mostly max out skills by the end of the game even with Jsawyer's mod. By the end of 3, you were basically a God. Morrowind I never really played much of at the time so I don't have too many memories of it.

PostSubject: Re: What leveling system do you like best?   Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:44 am

@"atenkhembi" I agree, it's a little hard to be sure but I think Morrowind's was the most rewarding while at the same time annoying haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
c4in

Character sheet
Name: Sinister
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: What leveling system do you like best?   Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:59 am

@"Corvo" I'm using mods which does not make you god like even if I'm at max level and stats maxed. I can still die easily if enemies gets close to me or are at shooting range. It's pretty funny.

I chose Skyrim even if I like New Vegas too, Skyrim has more variety and role playing aspect. Never played Morrowind.

PS. I don't have any idea how "mentioning" works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IRORIEH

PostSubject: Re: What leveling system do you like best?   Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:32 am

I like that Skyrim will really push you toward specific play styles, unless of course you want to level all the skills and become boss at everything. Skyrim is a lot better for builds, be it mage, unarmed, 2 hand, 1 hand... and each has archtypes within as well and branch off with other supporting skills.
In FNV, with DLC and skill books, it was very easy to master every skill fairly quickly and while Perks were restrictive in the sense you only got one every 2 levels in FNV, some are fairly useless nce you become powerful enough, like GRS, Intense Training or Life Giver.
So I'd take Skyrim for Variety.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: What leveling system do you like best?   Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:21 pm

My vote goes to New Vegas in terms of a leveling system. I like being able to choose my specializations in terms of skill points and individual perks. It made the game more dynamic and made you choose how you wanted to play, while also limiting you to some other things if you weren't using the perk every level mod. Skyrim's was great as well but New Vegas' system was just overall better and my favorite.

DarkPopulous

Character sheet
Name: John Gerhmen
Faction: Independant
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: What leveling system do you like best?   Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:27 am

My vote is for skyrim, the practise makes perfect system where you actually do the thing you want to level in order to get xp for it feels way more rewarding in my opinion.

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What leveling system do you like best?   Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Yay, you guys rock, im happy to see answers to my question! glad to see so many different views and likes/dislikes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foreceps

PostSubject: Re: What leveling system do you like best?   Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:04 pm

I love New Vegas, but Skyrim's way of leveling makes the most sense to me. You don't improve a skill unless you consistently use it throughout the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: What leveling system do you like best?   Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:58 pm

@atenkhembi That's one of the best parts about these kinds of games. They have something for everyone and we can all have something we want Smile

Jewbacca

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What leveling system do you like best?   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:53 pm

I like all of them for different reasons. I like New Vegas' because it was both simple and rewarding.

Skyrim's was good because if you end up putting a shit load of time in a skill and find you either don't like it or need it you can "legendary it" and reassign your perks.

Morrowind's was the most annoying (I.E. jumping around the entire game to level up acrobatics) but at the same time it was the most rewarding. It felt good hearing the little audio cue after practicing a skill for forever. Especially enchanting, twas a bitch to get that up in Morrowind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DankMcCree

Character sheet
Name: Tom Hardy
Faction: NCR
Level: 5 (kek)

PostSubject: Re: What leveling system do you like best?   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:54 pm

I didn't like Skyrim and I've never played Morrowind before, so I picked FNV instead.
PLEASE DON'T HURT ME

kdavis1937

PostSubject: Re: What leveling system do you like best?   Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:30 pm

I really enjoyed Skyrim on a organic level I suppose it felt the most realistic. The only way to get better at something was to constantly train on that skill. That being said I felt as though New Vegas or F03 had a much more enjoyable "paper roleplay" leveling system. If I had to choose between the two styles I'd pick Skyrim all day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
atenkhembi

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What leveling system do you like best?   Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

you guys rock and all have valid points, so far new vegas and skyrim are tied
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What leveling system do you like best?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1