Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Reforged hunk money Gear upgrades body space riot NPCs mandalorian machine FCOM vault daryl Mask wolfenstein Superpele Call Ryse marvel commonwealth dead boomers boom khan ghoul
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MotionlessGhost

MotionlessGhost

Character sheet
Name: Evelyn
Faction: Vault 76
Level: 110

What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Empty
PostSubject: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 6:48 pm

I see a lot of Elder Scrolls remake projects where older games are remade into the Skyrim Engine.But I haven't seen many people buzzing about remaking Fallout 3 and New Vegas into the new Creation Engine used by Fallout 4. I find a fresh coat of paint would really make these old games shine. The new engine is also more stable from my experience with it than the Gamebryo engine used in 3 and New Vegas. What do you guys think? Would you support a remake of 3 and New Vegas in the Creation Engine.

What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? 2UdjtkR
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 6:55 pm

Yes I have said this before numerous times and I fully support this idea. Gamebryo is an ancient engine and Fallout 3 and NV's gameplay was alright for it's time but Fallout 4's combat and gameplay is so much better.

The main complaint with FO4 is it's lack of RP. FNV and FO3 had MORE of that. If FNV and FO3 were to be remade in that engine, they would BE THE BEST FALLOUT GAMES EVER NO DOUBT.
Back to top Go down
MotionlessGhost

MotionlessGhost

Character sheet
Name: Evelyn
Faction: Vault 76
Level: 110

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 7:08 pm

@"Corvo" Yes it would, the games would be even better. Maybe there will be a Tale of Three Wastelands someday, the improved combat, and gameplay mixed with the superb RPG elements would improve them greatly. Sadly I don't see much being done in way of big mod projects for Fallout 4 compared to those being made for Elder Scrolls games and older Fallout games.

What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? 2UdjtkR
Back to top Go down
Acies

Acies

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 7:13 pm

I'd love to see FO3 and FONV on FO4 engine. The better engine from 4 with the quests/stories from the other two would be the best. But even if possible we would have to wait a long time for something like that. And there's not too many people interested in FO4 in the first place.
However I would love to participate in a project like that.

shocktrooper666

shocktrooper666

Character sheet
Name: Geth
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 105

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 7:19 pm

@MotionlessGhost to be honest it might be a little tough making a tale of three wastelands seeing on how much fallout 4 is more a FPS then a RPG i wont even touch fallout 4 anymore to be honest but my opinions out ov the way id love to see a tale of two wastelands styled game mixing both 3 and NV together with all the steps forward fallout 4 had {i know not many closed eyes smile} it would be quite a leap forward and how fallout 4 should have been other then just being like "shoot all the things all the time!!!" haha but yes id love to see the older games remade {that also goes for 1, 2 and maybe tactics} with a injection ov 4 not what 4 was but the steps forward i know at the end ov the day it's more ov a pipe dream but no harm in dreaming right? closed eyes smile

the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 11:39 pm

If it was done 100% to the original, it would be amazing, if Bethesda tried to alter it, they would make it shallow and boring like FO4

Back to top Go down
shocktrooper666

shocktrooper666

Character sheet
Name: Geth
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 105

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 11:57 pm

@Lucianhector "if Bethesda tried to alter it, they would make it shallow and boring like FO4" my feelings as well they would try to make it to much a bland shooter/minecraft clone just like FO4 but that's my opinion although i enjoyed FO3 and FONV tons so my opinion might not carry much on the topic closed eyes smile .

the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 12:30 am

shocktrooper666 wrote:
they would try to make it to much a minecraft clone just like FO4

Although I know this is your opinion on FO4, I must say that FO4 didn't copy Minecraft. They just tried to add some of the elements that mods added to FNV and 3 to FO4. Wasteland Defense was one of the most popular mods for FNV so I guess they took inspiration from that just like they took inspiration from the companion mods like Willow and the mods that changed the lighting and removed the green and orange tint.
Back to top Go down
Jericho

Jericho

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 12:55 am

I've gotta say, I keep picturing The Divide redone in a similar fashion to The Glowing Sea. It gives me warm squishy feelings.

LightTofu

Character sheet
Name: Haruka
Faction: Raider
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 8:37 am

I would love to support in the remake of Fallout 3/New Vegas using the new engine, if I could. Fallout 4 is certainly a lot more playable and stable than 3/NV. Well, in my personal experience, I enjoyed the gameplay in 4 a lot more. I enjoyed it enough that I never touched the old games since 4 came out. There was no reason to for me. Not even nostalgia tried to take me back to the Capital Wasteland, or the Mojave.

But if the old games was ever remade using the new engine, I would definitely play it.

Back to top Go down
Visible Earth

Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jak
Faction: Fiends
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 10:15 am

Personally I'm not a fan of the doll-like quality of the character models, but I suppose modders can fix that like they did with gamebryo.

And of course it goes without saying that if New Vegas was remade on the Fallout 4 engine, Bethesda should be kept as far away from it as possible.

What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? GqUKuf0
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 10:23 pm

While it's a nice thought and it would be interesting to see, i feel as though remaking these games in the new engine would almost take away some of the charm the old engine has. While yes, the Gamebryo engine is severely outdated, it gives the Fallout games a certain look that i appreciate to a high degree. It just feels right if that makes any sense. I know it probably sounds odd but the way they look and feel has a special place in my heart that i wouldn't want to see changed.

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 12:19 am

I'm not the biggest fan of the Fallout 4 gameplay, I'd like to see melee weapons get a bit more of a buff seeeing as how they're useless compared to guns, but it'd still be cool to see.
If TTW, Skywind or Skyblivion are anything to go by, the modding community may well see to that themselves!

Back to top Go down
Saivryn

Saivryn

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 12:38 am

Hey all, new to this place. I worked on Skywind for a bit, and wanted to overhaul Fallout 4 months ago. I came to the conclusion that Fallout 4 is a lost cause as an RPG and a Fallout game, so I had to drive it out of my mind. The idea of putting the past games in Fallout 4 crossed my mind, but boy does it hurt to think about, that'd be fubar from the start. Not to mention, if you were inside Skywind and Skyblivion, you wouldn't be so quick to use them as positive examples, unless you want hundreds of artists fighting over how they want to make it, years of bickering about minor things, having to remake all assets from scratch, doing it with a scratchmade group of constantly disappearing unreliable volunteers, all with the constant realization that the new engine actually limits you to such a huge extent that it may be useless doing it in the first place. Trust me, you only see the 'good bits'.

There's so many hard-coded things in the new engines that just don't allow half of the good features in the old games to be converted, and many people don't think about how crazy the legal waters are with porting. Plus, with the size of the teams as they are, the bureaucracy that develops harms more than helps the project. It's all much easier said than done, which is why I've gotten the idea out of my head and focus on modding the old games.
Back to top Go down
exromand

exromand

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 1:28 am

id probally flip the fuck out because all the hard work we put in would go to waste.
Back to top Go down
Saivryn

Saivryn

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 2:49 am

I had to leave because of the massive stress of it. Big teams don't work well without money. It was especially hard as a concept artist to try and push through the slog of the modelling and wars over design direction. Not to mention when your modeller has a panic attack and disappears.
Back to top Go down
erebamagi_10

erebamagi_10

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 2:51 am

i would rather have a new entry from obsidian from the fallout series. after all there are many who consider the obsidian as the true successor and the Bethesda games as a second rate side story.

the_phantom27

Character sheet
Name: Miles
Faction: N/A (Wanderer)
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 5:16 am

I'd love it if they would remake Fallout 3 and NV in the new engine. It would give the games themselves a good refresh, and possibly get new people into the series.
Back to top Go down
BrittleAngel

BrittleAngel

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 5:31 am

I wouldn't mind fallout 1 and 2 maybe even a cheeky tactics getting a revamp, but as far as fo3 and fnv it's a nice idea but it seems a bit of a monolithic task to tackle, however if someone managed to do it I wouldn't be complaining
Back to top Go down
Saivryn

Saivryn

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 1:59 pm

I often fantasize about Fo1 and Fo2 remakes, so much so that I think I'm on to something and I've got a lot of ideas for 3d versions of those games. But using the creation engine would limit their potential, and be a pain in the ass. Something else would work better, not to mention, they couldn't be raw open world, waay too big for that, but a sort of segmented Witcher 3 style world would be cool, the originals were segmented anyway.

I made a whole map illustrating an HD Fo1 and Fo2's worldspace, if anyone would like to see. Should I post it in this thread or make a thread for it (as I did on NMA forums a while back)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?   What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine? Empty

Back to top Go down

What if 3/New Vegas Were Remade in the Fallout4 Engine?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next