Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Would you love a completely urban Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jason
Faction: Freeside
Level: 12

PostSubject: Re: Would you love a completely urban Fallout?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:56 pm

The thing is for me, if we were to have urban spaces in Fallout, they should be like the Boneyard in Fallout. Completely unrecognisable from their original worldspace, because generally speaking nuclear warheads reduce cities to rubble. It should be about what people have built since the war, not people living in danky, pre-war buildings that are falling apart.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: Would you love a completely urban Fallout?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:45 am

@guan12 interesting thoughts for a story idea, especially introducing the children of atom into the mix. They're and interesting group of people and could prove to be a cool faction. It's a shame they didn't go too much further into them in Far Harbor or in the main game of Fallout 3 and 4.

hershal721

Character sheet
Name: Hershal Madison
Faction: NCR PMC SCOUT DIVISON
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Would you love a completely urban Fallout?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:16 am

@Visible Earth Yeah I agree with that statement as well. Maybe a mall for a settlement? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AheagoSucc

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you love a completely urban Fallout?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:24 am

Honestly Id love to see that happen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you love a completely urban Fallout?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:35 am

I'd have to say no as I'd feel restricted

I love Urban but after a while I feel I need to breathe so I Enjoy the Wastes

When The Wastes start to feel barren/lonely etc I like to go back into Urban

Character sheet
Name: Elmos Preisley
Faction: Randall & Associates
Level: 42

PostSubject: Re: Would you love a completely urban Fallout?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:11 am

@Waffenbaum , Once again, you nailed it for me mate, on what I think about a completely urban Fallout game.

As much as I'd like a good and well designed urban environment in a Fallout game, I would quickly get bored if it was entirely an urban map. Also, I do prefer countryside over cities in Real life, and it's the same in video games. Urban environments tend to make me feel depress. But I'm digressing, for me, a good fallout map should contains both urban and non-urban areas. I won't write more words, cause Waffenbaum as already worded it way better than me.

PostSubject: Re: Would you love a completely urban Fallout?   Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:01 am

Maybe?

Completely urban probably not but I would love to see a very large uban area. FO$ was great in that respect but ultimatly it felt like it didn't have enough work done into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShanghaiBatz

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: -1

PostSubject: Re: Would you love a completely urban Fallout?   Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:37 am

I wouldn't complain, but it's always nice to have some kind diversity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jason
Faction: Freeside
Level: 12

PostSubject: Re: Would you love a completely urban Fallout?   Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:02 pm

@hershal721 wrote:
@Visible Earth Yeah I agree with that statement as well. Maybe a mall for a settlement? Very Happy

Personally the more post-war buildings the better, but sure. People just wouldn't live in buildings with roofs that have fallen in. Ruins should be used as they were in New Vegas, as battlegrounds. The Fiends have taken over a bunch of burnt out old buildings where they fight a guerilla war with the NCR, but even then the saner ones of them have a base in the underground Vault. People die sleeping exposed to the elements TongueTril

An example I like is the Deathclaws in Fallout nesting in an old cinema. Something like that would be fun as the centrifuge of a settlement.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AshurForrester

PostSubject: Re: Would you love a completely urban Fallout?   Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:50 pm

A million times yes. I loved exploring FO4's urban centre. I think that's the best thing visually about post apocalyptia, the crumbling ruins of a once great civilization and exploring what remains.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you love a completely urban Fallout?   

Back to top Go down

Would you love a completely urban Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2