Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
HAPPY GUNNIVERSARY DAY!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

FO MOD MASTER THREAD
TES MOD MASTER THREAD

Profile Image Guidelines
February 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MotionlessGhost

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?   Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:55 pm

In my opinion I would have to say I enjoy Fallout 4's gameplay mechanics more than New Vegas. New Vegas is great and I play it to this day but compared to Fallout 4, it feels clunky even with mods and the vanilla gun play is much to be desired. What's your opinion on this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?   Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:24 pm

Roleplaying in New Vegas is better but gun play is obviously outdated.

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?   Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:51 pm

@Soju wrote:
Roleplaying in New Vegas is better but gun play is obviously outdated.

Yes the role playing is leagues ahead of Fallout 4's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DontKnow42

Character sheet
Name: DontKnow
Faction: Raider
Level: ∞

PostSubject: Re: Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?   Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:30 pm

New vegas, without a doubt. One of the best I've played.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?   Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:41 pm

That's a really difficult question to answer. They're such unique games from one another. Obviously Fallout 4 has a more modern and fluid gameplay style to it and it works really well. My personal opinion is that New Vegas has a more stylistic and fun gameplay that has a lot to offer and allows the player to roleplay much easier. New Vegas will always be my favorite of the two Smile

theoldwise

PostSubject: Re: Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?   Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:50 pm

hard to say and depends on if you compare the two without any mods installed. I think NV was awesome but mods were a big part of that - same goes for FO4. i love them both and could not recommend one over the other. new vegas was a bit more diry and rough - FO4 is pretty "nice" can't explain but NV felt like a 18+ adult game due the hookers, cursing and the all in all more adult vibe it had - while FO4 feels like a 16+ game

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rebillion76

Character sheet
Name:
Faction: BOS
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?   Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:54 pm

They are both great obviously and they both do certain things differently, some better some worse. The main reason i prefer Fallout 4 is the combat though which i think is without a doubt superior.

"Leaving this world isn't as scary as it sounds"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Acekiler

Character sheet
Name: Acekiler 45
Faction: Green Army R9 Divison
Level: 69

PostSubject: Re: Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?   Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:19 am

Fallout 4 better gore more weapon customization and better music Fallout NV achieved one thing with me and that was to make me it gave me the idea when an nuclear war is over to get a bunch of guys dress them up in red and run around acting like 10th century soldiers from Rome While fighting a bunch of guys dressed as WW1 Commonwealth soldiers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kdavis1937

PostSubject: Re: Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?   Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:43 pm

I think it much easier to become immersed in FNV compared to FO4 which forces you to play a certain story. Gameplay wise FO4 feels more like a FPS game than a roleplay. Generally I play fallout for the roleplay experience so I'd say FNV is the better game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilkrasdog

PostSubject: Re: Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?   Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:02 pm

I find it easier to get immersed in New Vegas than FO4. 4 feels more like it's trying to tell a poor story instead of a good story by forcing the player to go through thier story instead of the one the player builds for themselves. Mostly though FO4 just feels lazy in comparison to new vegas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
erictuong

Character sheet
Name: Dom
Faction: Grand Army of The Republic
Level: Clone Commando

PostSubject: Re: Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?   Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:13 pm

Honestly it just depends on what you like more. Do you like rpg more than you like gun gameplay? New Vegas rpg is amazing while Fallout 4 isn't. Fallout 4 gun gameplay is amazing compare to New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead Man

PostSubject: Re: Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?   Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:28 am

I love FO4 gameplay very polished proper shooter mechanics, but I really miss karma, and weapon and armor repair system and the dialogue dont get me wrong I like voiced protagonist but the whole 4 option thing pissed me off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?   

Back to top Go down

Is Gameplay in New Vegas or Fallout 4 Better?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1