Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk Armor commonwealth money marvel daryl Reforged Ryse boom machine Call FCOM Gear khan Mask mandalorian wolfenstein Superpele body Overhaul NPCs riot ghoul dead boomers vault
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Which characters should have been a companion?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Toxeon

Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Dean should've been able to come back with you to Vegas. If that counts.
Or like @"Visible Earth" said, Christine
My vote would've also been for Ulysses if you spared him.
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Joshua Graham definitely, my favourite character of New Vegas

Back to top Go down
dragbody

dragbody

Character sheet
Name: Riddick
Faction: I bow to no man.
Level: Animal

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 6:41 pm

I agree with everyone who said the main temporary companions should have been able to go back to the Mojave with you. Josh Sawyer explained once that this was not possible since they couldn't re-hire the voice actors to re-record new lines for the base game characters to have in response.

For example, Caesar would definitely have a response to Joshua Graham in his tent but they couldn't get his voice actor back due to being high-profile.

I would have liked to see the DLC companions anticipated so this obstacle didn't exist, and I'm glad there are mods to keep them.

Personally, I always felt like Neil should have been a companion. He just camps at the base of the mountain eternally. So sad.
Back to top Go down
Judge Redd

Judge Redd

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 6:55 pm

dragbody wrote:
I agree with everyone who said the main temporary companions should have been able to go back to the Mojave with you. Josh Sawyer explained once that this was not possible since they couldn't re-hire the voice actors to re-record new lines for the base game characters to have in response.

For example, Caesar would definitely have a response to Joshua Graham in his tent but they couldn't get his voice actor back due to being high-profile.

I would have liked to see the DLC companions anticipated so this obstacle didn't exist, and I'm glad there are mods to keep them.

Personally, I always felt like Neil should have been a companion. He just camps at the base of the mountain eternally. So sad.
Neil to me seemed like he would have been perfect for that kind of role as a companion. After all, whats he got to do now?
Back to top Go down
DumbleCore

DumbleCore

Character sheet
Name: Johnnie
Faction: lone Wanderer
Level: Still Alive

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 6:58 pm

How is it lorewise with Joshua Graham and Ulysses? I mean would it be realistic to have both as companion? I´m totally out of context right now, I know Graham was burnt in the pit and is against the Legion as far as I know and Ulysses is still with legion?It has been a while since i played those DLCs otherwise Christine is an awesome companion and should have made it, luckily there´s a mod =)

Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 NkOfXz
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 7:57 pm

@DumbleCore I don't believe Ulysses is with either faction. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i generally play for the NCR and have always been able to convince him to fight with me in the missile silo at the end of Lonesome Road, so i don't think that would make him Legion.

And to having both as companions, i don't see any real issue with it. I don't think they've ever met one another. I'm sure Ulysses has heard of Joshua Graham, but never met him. It could make for some interesting dialogue between the two, though. That is something i wish we could have seen and had some actual lore for. So many missed opportunities in such a wonderful game. Thank goodness we have some truly spectacular modders in the Fallout community who can make some of these things a reality Smile

Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jak
Faction: Fiends
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 8:09 pm

dragbody wrote:

I hadn't even thought of that, but you're right. Neil is very underused. Like maybe there should be a speech check to convince him to fight your way up the mountain alongside you, rather than just leading the Nightkin away.

Then afterwards he can join you as a companion and you can find out why he chose to avoid living in Jacobstown.

Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 GqUKuf0
Back to top Go down
DumbleCore

DumbleCore

Character sheet
Name: Johnnie
Faction: lone Wanderer
Level: Still Alive

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 9:12 pm

@Grimmex i just looked this up, kinda interesting =) I have to finish my stuff in CW and go straight to play dls then =)

Code:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ulysses

I have to finish my stuff in CW and go straight to play dlcs then =) and yes, that would have been awesome with interactions between all them main chars, well maybe we will get a NV2, hope dies last

Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 NkOfXz
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 1:15 am

@DumbleCore Ah, okay awesome. So he was aligned with Caesar's Legion at one point in his life but left later on. That makes sense. Seeing him and Graham interact would be really interesting then, much more so than before when I didn't realize they were both in the Legion at one point.

New Vegas 2. The hope is real haha Very Happy

Overdone

Character sheet
Name: Rayford
Faction: Independent
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 1:28 am

Honest Dan felt like he should've been a companion. You go through the whole "Human Error" quest with him, and then he just disappears. He even has line that makes it seem like you'll see him again (if you end the quest favorably with him).

I also wouldn't have minded any of the Raider bosses in Nuka World.

justinhartley19

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 10:07 am

I feel that Sunny Smiles should've been a companion, i mean she is the one that does teach you how to shot and helps you with assisting Ringo in the beginning of NV.
Back to top Go down
erictuong

erictuong

Character sheet
Name: Classified
Faction: UNSC
Level: Spartan II

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 10:13 am

I feel that Christine from New Vegas should have been a companion after dead money. And that you could bring her to Veronica and get some sort of quest/dialogue or even maybe a special perk.
Back to top Go down
Mattafex

Mattafex

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 11:10 am

the fact Dixie from Nuka World wasn't a companion sucks, she was a straight qt who was also batshit nuts like how is that not a companion?

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 11:23 am

Personally, I really wanted Harland as a companion since he doesn't really have a place to go and he doesn't really follow Jason Bright's beliefs. Like if you don't side with the NCR, of course you wouldn't get Boone, BUT you do get Harland as a substitute and a perk that would most probably be called "Living Dead".
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
ShanghaiBatz

ShanghaiBatz

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 11:48 am

Any of the fiend leaders as companions would've been nice seeing as there aren't any evil companions in the game.
Back to top Go down
Dewderson

Dewderson

Character sheet
Name: Boon
Faction: None
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 11:55 am

Mattafex wrote:
the fact Dixie from Nuka World wasn't a companion sucks, she was a straight qt who was also batshit nuts like how is that not a companion?

You also barely even get to talk to her, which was an awful- awful- design decision. Seems like a lot of those are going around in Fallout 4.

Sunny Smiles really felt like she belonged out there too, all that hand holding and Powder Ganger killin and you can't convince her to leave with you.

@ShanghaiBatz

You should check out the Fiend dialogue restoration, I'm sure you'd feel even stronger about them being companions than you do now.

justinhartley19

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 12:02 pm

@"Dewderson" that's the same way I felt doing all that work and you can't even tag along or even have like a relationship option with her would be nice to, I didn't really like the courser companion in Fallout 4 too much tho
Back to top Go down
skydoeshalo

skydoeshalo

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 8:09 pm

i want that synthetic love quest to be a thing so i can have the spouse as a companion too bad it was scrapped Sad

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 4:53 pm

Lyons in Fallout 3. I mean she didn't have a very big role and our only BOS in that game was a cyborg whos story wasn't very well fleshed out. Y'know?
Back to top Go down
JackLovecraft

JackLovecraft

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 5:50 pm

I really was sad that in fnv we were unable to have a Romance with a Deathclaw

truly shed tears of sadness...someone make a Deathclaw romance quest !

PostSubject: Re: Which characters should have been a companion?   Which characters should have been a companion? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which characters should have been a companion?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next