Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
NPCs machine mandalorian marvel body FCOM space khan vault daryl money riot upgrades hunk commonwealth Superpele ghoul Call Ryse Reforged boomers Gear boom Mask dead wolfenstein
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What Faction Interests You Most?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grimmex

Grimmex

What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 5:45 am

For me, one of the most interesting factions is easily the Enclave. They're not my favorite by any means, but easily one of the more fascinating of the bunch. They had all of the power and influence they could get their hands on, but instead of trying to help people and set up real functioning towns and cities like in the old world, they simply seemed to have left nothing more than a trail of blood behind them as they carved their way across the wasteland. I think the Fallout games as a whole are better with them being evil but if we put them into our world, it would make so much more sense to see them trying to clean up the wasteland and not just gun everyone down.

To make a long rant short, it would have been really fun to see an alternate timeline where instead of getting destroyed and being evil, that they would have been portrayed as more of the good guy.

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 9:38 am

Grimmex wrote:
To make a long rant short, it would have been really fun to see an alternate timeline where instead of getting destroyed and being evil, that they would have been portrayed as more of the good guy.

Then there is Brotherhood of Steel. Enclave and BoS would still fight with each other for technology and power.
Back to top Go down
Heracles

Heracles

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 10:23 am

@"Visible Earth" No don't misunderstand me I can appreciate their situation and would normally sympathize with them especially if I was one of them. I'd be very pissed at the NCR. It's really I just find find the concept of groups like the Khans as the new tribes of America disturbing for two reasons, first that there seem to be no actually native tribes anymore and secondly that they have lost pretty much all culture and religion from antebellum America.

But I don't feel the need to question the lore if the Khans developed into what they are in 150 years fine by me. I even think it's more interesting and fitting that they are considering joining the Legion, I know I would in their shoes.

@"Napara" intriguing but also highly disturbing.....good point tho
Back to top Go down
Visible Earth

Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jak
Faction: Fiends
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 12:33 pm

@Heracles Yeah I have always wondered with Native Americans. There's some reference to them in Honest Hearts, like how the Dead Horse's language was a mixture of a group of tourist's languages and something Joshua Graham called "Res", which I assume to mean Reservation. So the Dead Horses seem to have some Native American heritage. But other than that there are no Native American characters or anything. Maybe the pre-war government killed a lot of them. Who knows?

And yeah, if old Native American tribes have died out that is a pretty horrible tragedy, but it's important to remember that while there are violent tribes like the Khans and White Legs, they aren't the only new "tribes of America", other tribes like the Sorrows, Dead Horses and (originally) the people of Arroyo did (and do) exist relatively peacefully.

@Grimmex To be fair to the Enclave, they were trying to "clean up the wasteland." It's just that they saw exterminating all "mutants" as a means of doing that TongueTril

What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 GqUKuf0
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 1:39 pm

c4in wrote:
Grimmex wrote:

Then there is Brotherhood of Steel. Enclave and BoS would still fight with each other for technology and power.

True, but we always see the enclave being portrayed as evil and the brotherhood as "good" even though their west coast counterparts are much less palatable than their east coast brethren.

The brotherhood is already pretty much hated on the west coast, so having another really powerful faction just like them being seen as the good guys would make a for an interesting flip on what we see in Fallout 3 for example.

DontKnow42

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 2:57 pm

Im most interested in the legion, mainly because their brutality makes them feared, so I'd want to know how they do things.
Back to top Go down
Heracles

Heracles

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 1:14 am

@"Visible Earth" It's been a while since I played Honest Hearts but that sounds pretty familiar, anyway you really know your stuff nice job picking that up. I also really enjoyed the Sorrows and Dead Horses, liked everything about them in Honest Hearts their camps, background, and how the courier's choices shaped their future.
Back to top Go down
gav07Gaming

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 3:58 am

For me it's the Great Khans because a lot of the time they are portrayed as fiend or viper like raiders but really they are a lot more civilized but they have their own motives unbeknownst to the player character at first and find them as a great faction that could have been fleshed out so much more just like the legion.
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/gavinmurphy
Tactical DropBear

Tactical DropBear

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 5:25 am

For me it's also got to be The Enclave, There's something really attractive about a secretive, mysterious organization. Especially in a game world fueled by chaos. I'd really love to see more involvement with the enclave in future fallout games.

Visible Earth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Tactical DropBear wrote:
For me it's also got to be The Enclave, There's something really attractive about a secretive, mysterious organization. Especially in a game world fueled by chaos. I'd really love to see more involvement with the enclave in future fallout games.

There's a lot of room for expansion with Enclave operations definitely. The oil rig was their headquarters but I think it's safe to assume that the American government had bunkers sprinkled around, and who knows what they've been doing. We know that there's a base or lab or something in Chicago for example.

Plus I think Fallout: The Frontier is doing something with the Enclave space station that's been talked about a lot since Van Buren but never seen.
Back to top Go down
c4in

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Visible Earth wrote:
Plus I think Fallout: The Frontier is doing something with the Enclave space station that's been talked about a lot since Van Buren but never seen.

At least we can get to explore Archimedes II Exclamation
Back to top Go down
erictuong

erictuong

Character sheet
Name: Classified
Faction: UNSC
Level: Spartan II

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Yeah I would have to say the Enclave.
Back to top Go down
irishladdy@01

irishladdy@01

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Followers of the apocalypse my good man
Back to top Go down
Crash244

Crash244

Character sheet
Name: Barrabus The Grey
Faction: D.D.D.
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:48 pm

At first I thought the NCR would be a faction I would ally myself with, but deeply thinking about it now. I prefer the The Legion, mostly due to the Frumentarii! That sounds like a very difficult and stressful job! I love it very damn much.

Visible Earth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:56 pm

Yeah the concept and execution of the Frumentarii is very cool, with both Vulpes Inculta and Ulysses being pretty badass in their own right. There's a lot that could be done with the frumentarii in-game. One idea being that a frumentarius may choose to desert the Legion (kind of similar to Ulysses) except more because they are "corrupted" by the sins of Vegas or won over by NCR ideals. I'm surprised nobody's written and modded a frumentari companion (that isn't Vulpes).

If we ever get another Fallout game on the west coast, and it isn't set in Legion territory, the frumentarii may be the only Legion characters we get to meet.

Back to top Go down
Crash244

Crash244

Character sheet
Name: Barrabus The Grey
Faction: D.D.D.
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 5:15 pm

@Visible Earth Exactly! They are quite damn interesting. You sound like quite an intelligent and formal fellow. Looks like I found a new friend.

Ulysses is a very well written and voiced character! I usually align myself with the morally good or stay in the grey area, but I do enjoy some good ol chaos every once in awhile.

I hope we do get another Fallout game on the west coast, but I do see it happening in the future. Maybe further up north? I have no idea what Bethesda is planning! Maybe another Obsidian game? Who knows for sure. One can only dream.

Visible Earth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 5:53 pm

@Crash244 Aw thanks man. Don't usually come across compliments online TongueTril

Personally I would love to see a Fallout game set either in Legion territory (Arizona and Colorado) to make use of unused Van Buren content (like Diana for example) and expand on Legion lore, or go north to Wyoming to follow the Great Khans (assuming that the ending to New Vegas has them head up there).

It's all wishful thinking of course. Bethesda has their own east coast project and while I know that Obsidian have said they'd love to make a new Fallout game, I know that a lot of the New Vegas team have since left the company. Chris Avellone being the biggest example.

It's no worries though. Thanks to the modding community making amazing things like Project Brazil and Fallout: The Frontier (and Fallout 1.5) I don't need to worry too much about a lack of west coast Fallout.

Back to top Go down
LightTofu

LightTofu

Character sheet
Name: Haruka
Faction: Raider
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 7:45 pm

I have always been interested in the Caesar's Legion faction in Fallout New Vegas. I am in love with the Roman culture, even before the game came out. So joining that faction when I first played was the first thing I'd done.

I thought recreating Caesar's empire as a dominant raider faction in New Vegas was so out-of-place but oh so interesting. Their odd armor, their strict and brutal hierarchy, and their questionable ideals caught my eye. (Although the degrading women principle is certainly is not what I agree with.) I thought The Legion was something different than the "bro-down," "SUPER METAL SOLDIER POWER," faction, or the "LET'S TAKE OVER WEST AMERICA!," "SIR, YES SIR!," faction.

Well, I thought siding with raiders was more interesting than joining a generic military force, imo..

Still, they are my preferred faction to join in the game because of my interest into Roman culture. Smile
Back to top Go down
Azreg

Azreg

Character sheet
Name: Cole Phelps
Faction: LAPD
Level: 14

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 10:08 pm

For me, it's definitely the Followers of the Apocalypse.

They don't seek power, they shun violence and their goal is to help the inhabitants of the wasteland. And to me that's very noble and makes them shine from the rest of the other factions. They accept members from any faction, they seek knowledge but unlike the brotherhood of steel they share it in order to improve the wasteland and they help everyone. They don't gain anything and in a world filled with savage people that just says too much.

What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Latest?cb=20110208235954

OSOK

OSOK

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: none
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 11:22 pm

I'm interested in the railroad...but only in the interest of changing their "purpose"

I very much like their backstory, along with their tactics and strategy...but I imagine them not "freeing" the synths but rather repurpose and reprogram them with a chaos failsafe...meaning when the shit hits the fan in their "life" their "terminator" mode engages and rip their face off to expose the face of doom

PostSubject: Re: What Faction Interests You Most?   What Faction Interests You Most? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Faction Interests You Most?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next