Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

FO MOD MASTER THREAD
TES MOD MASTER THREAD

Profile Image Guidelines
February 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

[FNV] In Search of a Better AI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeoMen14

Character sheet
Name: Prospero
Faction: Those who are like this
Level: 33

PostSubject: [FNV] In Search of a Better AI   Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Dear New Vegas players, you perfectly know how dumb and irritating the AI is in your favorite game (multiple examples on YouTube). In my case, it bothered me so much that I finally made a few researches.

Thanks to a Gopher’s video, I discovered a mod which attempts to fix, I mean to improve, the senseless behavior of hostile NPCs. This mod is old, as the main game, perhaps buggy, but it is certainly better than nothing.

Maybe you already know it. I’m talking about Enemy AI - Tactics - NPC Healing by Xodarap777. Check it out if you have some time.

If you are familiar with this annoyance I feel and/or if you have found a more or less effective solution to this persistent problem, don’t hesitate to answer me in this topic. I would be glad to hear your crazy experiences.

"I shall not easily forget those long winter nights in the front line. Darkness fell about four in the afternoon and dawn was not until eight next morning. These sixteen hours of blackness were broken by gun flashes, the gleam of star shells and punctuated by the scream of a shell or the sudden heart-stopping rattle of a machine-gun. The long hours crept by with leaden feet and sometimes it seemed as if time itself was dead."
F. E. Noakes, in "The Distant Drum: A Memoir of a Guardsman in the Great War", 1952
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tgspy

Character sheet
Name: Intern John
Faction: Frontier NCR Regiment
Level: 5

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] In Search of a Better AI   Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:21 am

There are, as far as I'm aware, no PROPERLY MADE AND UPDATED AI overhauls. This is a overall statement, it applies to all of those "ai" mods, more often than not all they do is change some globals and add some incredibly outdated and clunky methods of changing the ai. The best thing I can recommend to you is waiting for Xilandro to release Project B42, it'll have a huge amount of updated AI stuff including stealth AI, so your just gonna have to wait until then.

View user profile
LeoMen14

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] In Search of a Better AI   Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:44 am

I've never heared anything about this mod, Project B42. Do you have any informations about it, links to share?
It's a gameplay overhaul or a DLC-like mod as well as The Frontier?

"I shall not easily forget those long winter nights in the front line. Darkness fell about four in the afternoon and dawn was not until eight next morning. These sixteen hours of blackness were broken by gun flashes, the gleam of star shells and punctuated by the scream of a shell or the sudden heart-stopping rattle of a machine-gun. The long hours crept by with leaden feet and sometimes it seemed as if time itself was dead."
F. E. Noakes, in "The Distant Drum: A Memoir of a Guardsman in the Great War", 1952
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tgspy

Character sheet
Name: Intern John
Faction: Frontier NCR Regiment
Level: 5

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] In Search of a Better AI   Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:11 am

Project B42 is like 3-4 years of work from xilandro and it has dozens of new features including realtime inventory, takedowns(Not the shitty kind), greatly improved stealth is his newest feature, a working bow and arrow system, hitmarkers you name it he probably made it. Look up Xilandro on youtube for more info

View user profile
LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] In Search of a Better AI   Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:27 am

Posting link to be sure

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/user/wtf81293

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeoMen14

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] In Search of a Better AI   Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:33 am

Well, I'm confused. The Xilandro's videos are pretty weird. In my opinion, adding bows and arrows to FNV is not really an improvement, it's rather a kind of modder's prank... I'm still waiting for the big stuff.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gav07Gaming

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] In Search of a Better AI   Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:31 am

@LeoMen14 wrote:
Well, I'm confused. The Xilandro's videos are pretty weird. In my opinion, adding bows and arrows to FNV is not really an improvement, it's rather a kind of modder's prank... I'm still waiting for the big stuff.

Have you seen the rest of Xilandro's videos? He has many more gameplay improvements and changes than that. Plus the bow and arrow is a big deal from an engine/modding perspective as that challenge has yet to be conquered until now it seems. Plus I'm sure many will love the bow and arrow as it adds another silent weapon for stealthy playthroughs. Plus Realtime inventory, a fully working plane, the ability to play as two separate players at the same time, the list goes on. IMO Xilandro has already showed the (atleast majority) big stuff.

EDIT: How could i forget dual wielding
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeoMen14

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] In Search of a Better AI   Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:41 am

@"gav07Gaming" Yes, I saw a few of his other videos too but, huh, i'm not convinced... I agree to say that Xilandro is a talented modder because his works are indeed spectacular considering the old game engine. But I think he is not really interested in improving the game within its limits.
A fully working plane? It's certainly funny but what's the point in a game focused on exploration, surviving, interractions? I think you're going to get bored very deeply alone in an empty sky, flying over an ugly desert without missions to accomplish... But you tell me.
I don't get the ability to play as two separate players at the same time, I think I need some additional explanations there.

Edit: Please, tell me why I'm wrong before giving a negative rep point. I always recognise my faults when I face up to serious arguments.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] In Search of a Better AI   

Back to top Go down

[FNV] In Search of a Better AI

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1