Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

CalendarCalendar

Share | 

VATS in Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rjay47

Character sheet
Name: Jackson Phillips
Faction: NCR
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: VATS in Fallout   Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:57 am

Nah not really. when I was a but a console using plebian I used VATS every 1.3 seconds. But these days I don't even use bullet time or VATS I just go old fashioned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frootcakes

Character sheet
Name: Blues
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: ∞

PostSubject: Re: VATS in Fallout   Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:05 am

I use VATS — but only to get the locations of enemies I couldn't otherwise see. Then I exit out of the menu and shoot em from afar. I try not to use Nevada's bullet time, either. I wanna shoot in real time, damn it!
I like to think of VATS not as a timestopping, immersion breaking, aimbot system but as a tactical analysis module built-in to your pip-boy which can locate enemies through heat signatures and advise you on which parts of the body are the best to hit at any given moment.

PostSubject: Re: VATS in Fallout   Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:26 pm

I use VATS, but mostly because either i am too lazy, or i am forced.

Fallout has this system where you're aiming at must be precise, so if you spray your gun there are chances it would miss even tho the target is right infront of you, this had happened to me several times, where i miss these shots just because it wasn't too precise, even tho it was bound to hit, so whenever i wanted to solve issues like that i would use VATS, because it can be annoying at times, especially when i am playing FROST where a single round is still something worth preserving, and sometimes i play Fallout 4 in third person and it doesnt help that when my Crosshair is not aiming at the enemy but my gun is pointing right straight at it, and i fired the gun i still miss. so i had to use VATS to solve that, as for first person, i just have that issue where your aiming must be precise, this makes Spraying sort of useless for me. because i would be wasting more rounds than how i originally planned, and in games when you sprayed at an enemy, at low distances im sure it'll hit, but Fallout 4 gun mods sometimes has uncontrollable recoil so i had to use VATS at times, the only time when i am not spraying is when i actually wanted to take the game serriously, and used Bolt Action Rifles, or Semi Auto Rifles. other than that VATS is usually what i use for dealing with my recoil issue or precision mistakes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VATS in Fallout   

Back to top Go down

VATS in Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2