Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
FCOM mandalorian boom daryl NPCs Gear Superpele Ryse upgrades space marvel riot body Reforged Mask hunk boomers machine money vault khan wolfenstein Call dead ghoul commonwealth
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Y0ungRe13el

Y0ungRe13el

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 2:49 am

What really annoys me in all Fallout games is just how all companion, no matter what happens, will always block the doorway. It could just be me looting and Jericho would not let me out. Or a bunch of Nightkin are following my ass when Veronica is blocking my escape. But the worst offender would be Dogmeat, everytime he follows me, he just finds a way to block my path ALL THE FREAKING TIME!
Others than that, it's all fine really.

smokey.0010

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 3:18 am

What always annoyed me in Fallout was that they only had one line for trading Veronicas is still burned into my mind "Ooo. Got something good for me? Is it a dress?" no... no dress for you!

shocktrooper666

Character sheet
Name: Geth
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 105

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 12:27 am

@"skydoeshalo" Strong is the worst for it gwahhhhhh haha but i agree it's just something i could live without myself just aggravating that's why in Fallout 4 i always use Dogmeat because he always loves you closed eyes smile

the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
Acekiler

Acekiler

Character sheet
Name: Acekiler 45
Faction: Tsarnov's Legion
Level: 69

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 2:14 am

Almost all companions outside of Deacon and Cait annoy the living shit out of me but Piper she took the fucking cake, I thought Piper was going to be the bad ass kill everyone type npc but turns out she's just another clueless npc that's just waiting to be mowed down by my "Coffin Feeder" and learn it's simple truth.
Back to top Go down
blahblahblah

blahblahblah

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 3:34 am

When they trigger that landmines or engage the enemy on their own :<

Enclave11

Character sheet
Name: Colonel Autumn
Faction: Enclave
Level: 80

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 3:55 am

Yes like nothing annoys me, though I was annoyed by the fact that it is necessary to complete the quest and then they will go with you, I love fallout 2.
Back to top Go down
Rjay47

Rjay47

Character sheet
Name: Jacob Page
Faction: NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 4:33 am

The fact that fallout 4's companions cant shoot. AT. ALL.
Back to top Go down
Rjay47

Rjay47

Character sheet
Name: Jacob Page
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 4:33 am

The fact that fallout 4's companions cant shoot. AT. ALL.
Back to top Go down
Heracles

Heracles

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 5:21 am

Veronica....I changed her name some time ago in the geck along with replacing that stupid hood with a helmet that covers her entire face. Easily in the top two worst vanilla companions for me without considering the bug she seems to have.

Maybe this only happens to me but Veronica refuses to use a gun, it takes her about 5 secs after I tell her to switch to ranged before she conjures up a melee weapon and pulls that out instead. Not even a follower overhaul has been able to temper that temper of hers...I don't know what shes trying to prove with that power fist but it gets old
Back to top Go down
mixtape69

mixtape69

Character sheet
Name: Wewus Laddus
Faction: New Vegas Strip
Level: 420

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 7:47 am

The karma system with Cass where you basically can't be evil and have her as a companion kinda irks me. Veronica being weak with ranged weapons, and overall the AI of companions (vanilla, DLC, or modded) being kinda dumb.

I really dislike Piper in Fallout 4, I find her annoying as hell.

Rebelyell1864

Rebelyell1864

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 2:37 pm

blahblahblah wrote:
When they trigger that landmines or engage the enemy on their own :<

I agree.....or spending more time and ammo trying to save them BECAUSE they auto engaged! You're MY backup....I make the decisions! Big Slap

Meanwhile in the Desert.......                               
Back to top Go down
guan12

guan12

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 4:54 am

Guess the only thing that we all agree on would be our companions blocking the doorway, or acting stupid in combat to fire at an explosive tank to cause a beautiful firework display of our corpse flying. Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 1f602

I seem to have lost a Penny.
Back to top Go down
Fury

Fury

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 5:04 am

I have two things.

First one is a common one here.. the wraith of the doorway crowding. Nothing more annoying when an enemy has a minigun or chucks a grenade making you try and back off but instead your companion is in the doorway. The AI in the game in general like to crowd doorways - like Moths to a light.

Second one is when your companion insists on taking a weapon from a fallen enemy without you knowing. Point and case a fatman - nothing more frustrating than having them pull THAT out of nowhere and proceeding to fire it inside a building..

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 6:36 am

I think all companions in Fallout 4 still feels generic in a sense. No doubt they got better since they all have their own backstories and the like, but none still feel as unique as New Vegas's.

In New Vegas you have companions with their own questline after gaining their affinity, you get to know what happens to them after the ending, how your choices when you were with them and what you said and how you executed their questline impacted them and their life decisions. Hell they are so unique that they even have their own preferences of weapons and clothings (such as Boone's unremovable beret - a sentimental object to him, and his sniper rifle) to food and beverages (Cass and her whiskeys), or Veronica's desire for a bloody dress (gave her Vera's dress finally and she went nuts, I also like how her backstory is inter-connected to one of the DLC that you get that moment of realization "oooooooooh, so that's him!", and you expected a conversation with her about Elijah when you come back, and there actually is a conversation, very satisfying). Etc.

Bethesda tried to give them personalities by making them "likes" or "hates" certain actions that you do or say, but that is very generic when they only like or hate a general kind of event (good vs supposedly bad), and all of the companions either like "good" actions or "bad" actions. They could have expand upon that and maybe even let the players influence their virtual ways of thinkings and make them change their ways (good to bad and vice versa), even introduce some grey areas and let the players choose to influence how they will think of that, and maybe even implement that of New Vegas where each companions have something (an object, a memory, etc) that are sentimental to them and some more interactions maybe. After reaching max affinity and whether you romance them or not, they becomes generic.

So much more could have been done.

This is probably straying off topics now but factions also play a big role in Fallout games, they "generalized" (or maybe the right word is "simplified") them too much that it feels very incomplete. I guess my problem with Fallout 4 was everything was too simplified.

Okay rant over. Nerdy

Dewderson

Dewderson

Character sheet
Name: Boon
Faction: None
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 8:58 am

What I don't like is attractive women falling in love with me just because I know how to pick locks.

I also don't like companions who can't die because if one spouts two hundred quests at me I like to be able to shoot them in the face and empty my gun into their dead body.

erictuong

Character sheet
Name: Classified
Faction: UNSC
Level: Spartan II

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 12:30 pm

The most annoying thing about companions in Fallout is they block the dang doorway. Most annoying crap ever.
Back to top Go down
jackthesac

jackthesac

Character sheet
Name: Zoltan Maguire
Level: 20

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 12:49 pm

The thing I don't like about fallout 4 companions is the affinity system. I just prefer a system like New Vegas where it does it tell you if they like you. And it leaves you guessing and if they could make companion wheel. That makes it more organized that would be great for the next fallout.
Back to top Go down
JackLovecraft

JackLovecraft

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 10:02 pm

How Could you eVen Like Those com-co-Companions...They like talk to you Look at you and lords....

They even share stuff with you ! they bloody crazy !

joke aside they are not perfect but one thing I kinda dislike and like is the follow :

1# after 500 hours of Gunning Down Legions of People , Mutants and other crap Machine Gunner , one companion
Lunette brought a smile on my face as it was some company and my power fantasy didnt feel as unrealistic

but yeah big kudos to Drayk for making the impossible act of moving companions around possible
without killing them ofc

but I guess it does kinda depend if you like the companions yourself personally thoe
I was able to play with Companions in Morrowind of all games..so yah

kdavis1937

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:48 pm

It would have to be dogmeat in almost all fallouts. I love the idea of having a dog companion but the execution of dogmeat I find is always lacking. They tend to be unaggressive, door opening, anti sneaking, weak bullet sponge. However, in Fallout 4 they added the cool ability to bite and drag enemies to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?   Fallout Companions: What Annoys You? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout Companions: What Annoys You?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next