Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

FO MOD MASTER THREAD
TES MOD MASTER THREAD

Contests Ended!
Winners Posted!

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
dragbody

Character sheet
Name: Riddick
Faction: I bow to no man.
Level: Animal

PostSubject: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:33 am

Hello GUNners!

I've had this idea for a while and now it's finally time to do it Dancey

What I want to propose is a community playthrough for Fallout: New Vegas for the month of January. Participation is simple... here are the rules:

1. Start a NEW GAME. This is a good opportunity to build a new character or play for a faction you don't normally side with. Maybe even try a different ENB or something like that Smile

2. Share screenshots and/or story summaries of your new game in this thread. This is what makes this a community playthrough.

3. Plan to wrap your game up by the end of January. Of course, it's up to you how long you play, but the community playthrough timeline is one month.

4. [Optional] Share your load order. It will be cool to see how we all choose to play the game.

5. [OPTIONAL] You can use the template provided here to build a profile for your Courier.

And that's it!

Interested Participants:

If we have fun and this is successful, perhaps we can have community playthroughs of other games again in the future.

Please post if you would like to participate. You can begin planning your character now. I will try to spend about five hours a week on this between modding. (It will be a busy month for me.) Hopefully you will find time to join me!

Happy holidays everyone!

Last edited by dragbody on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limitlessness

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:36 am

Sounds like a great idea! I better get to redownloading New Vegas and filling up my load order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:13 am

This actually gives me an excuse to play

I've been modding New Vegas since its release, but haven't played a full play through in about 3 years due to my addiction to get the 'perfected modded game'

I'm interested in doing this, I hope I do it

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:20 am

@Lucianhector wrote:
This actually gives me an excuse to play

I've been modding New Vegas since its release, but haven't played a full play through in about 3 years due to my addiction to get the 'perfected modded game'

I'm interested in doing this, I hope I do it

I've been doing the same thing. Relentlessly pursuing the perfect modded game. Of course, its unattainable--but this doesn't stop me from seeing ways I can get a few steps closer.

The idea here is that for people like us, we can relax and build a sufficient load order. It won't be perfect, but it can still be great Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical DropBear

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:18 pm

I really dig this idea, Very cool. I'll definitely be on board with this come January!

It will be very interesting to see the variety of load orders and the game play that comes with it.
Great idea drag!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KentuckyFT

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:56 pm

Definitely count me in! I was actually planning on not playing NV again until The Frontier came out, but I just remembered that you can have an existing character for that mod, so I will begin planning now!

mixtape69

Character sheet
Name: Wewus Laddus
Faction: New Vegas Strip
Level: 420

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:29 am

I would gladly love to do this, I'm in the process of finishing my new PC, this will be something I would gladly love to do. My PC should be finished by early next month, hopefully just in time.

PC SPECS:

YouTube Channel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragbody

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:18 am

Hello friends,

I've added a Courier template to the OP as an extra tool for making this playthrough exciting

Thumbs Up cheers

Edit: I also did a test run with the template adding a "biography" section into it. I actually like this character so I may end up using him:

Spoiler:

Last edited by dragbody on Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allnarta

Character sheet
Name: Shadd
Faction: Wastelander
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:30 am

Sounds awesome! I was just going to reinstall the game and begin new playthrough. Smile Hope to participate in January.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allnarta.blogspot.com
Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:45 am

Already started getting my rough draft load order together cheers

I want to stick to the Load Order I start with throughout this entire play through, but if you release the Great Khan Overhaul mid-January there's no chance of that happening...

Character sheet
Name: Sean
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 77

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:14 am

This is great! Especially since I'm upgrading my PC which shouldn't effect New Vegas. But I'll be able to see if Fallout New Vegas runs differently on Windows 10 rather than Windows 7. I don't think there should be anything different but whatever. Also I've been literally looking forever for a character planner like the one you provided. @dragbody Do you know if there are any for Fallout 4 as well? Thanks! Thumbs Up TMHug-Royaba

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:28 am

@NewVegasMerc wrote:
This is great! Especially since I'm upgrading my PC which shouldn't effect New Vegas. But I'll be able to see if Fallout New Vegas runs differently on Windows 10 rather than Windows 7. I don't think there should be anything different but whatever. Also I've been literally looking forever for a character planner like the one you provided. @dragbody Do you know if there are any for Fallout 4 as well? Thanks! Thumbs Up TMHug-Royaba

The character planner I linked is compatible with any fallout game. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewVegasMerc

Character sheet
Name: Sean
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 77

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:47 am

@dragbody Alright thank you so much dragbody. I'll be sure to try out a new years playthrough! Thumbs Up

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:53 am

To TTW or not, that is the question. This is the hurdle I am facing in planning right now. Anyone planning on doing this? Last time I tried TTW I had major stuttering issues. If someone else is planning on doing it then maybe I will as well so I can have someone to talk to about problems with.

Character sheet
Name: Leo
Faction: Scavenger
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:17 am

Sounds awesome! Count on me for this proposal.
I will prepare a new load order for this. Can I just redo my current character? Making him a scavenger again?

dragbody

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:37 am

@professorleo - I'm suggesting a new character for the sake of creating someone you can do a playthrough with in a month. But ultimately you can use your current character if you like.

@aybayb259 - I will not be using TTW simply because it will take too long. I'd rather use TTW in a playthrough that could last a much longer time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JJHughes

Character sheet
Name: DerpyDoo
Faction: The Good
Level: Invincible

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:41 am

Sounds like alot of fun, I think I have a nice short story in mind
best get to downloading my mods

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:01 am

This looks like a pretty cool idea. Can't wait to see everyone's characters!

View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough   

Back to top Go down

New Vegas New Year 2017 - Community Playthrough

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next