Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

FO MOD MASTER THREAD
TES MOD MASTER THREAD

Contests Ended!
Good Luck!

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Share | 

Question about retextures, ports and mashups

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cyberbullet

PostSubject: Question about retextures, ports and mashups   Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:52 pm

What are the general guidelines on doing mashups and re-textures on someone elses work? My skills are essentially non existent. But I have some ideas I would like to put together, they can be for personal use no problem. But I like to be involved in the community and would love to share with you guys. And maybe get feedback to improve on said skills. I don't want to step on anyones toes. There are some amazing people and their works here and I don't want to take away from that in anyway. If someone could just give me some general direction on this sort of thing, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DumbleCore

Character sheet
Name: Johnny
Faction: lone Wanderer
Level: Still Alive

PostSubject: Re: Question about retextures, ports and mashups   Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:09 pm

I´d say you have to ask the creators if you are allowed to use their work, i mean if you do it for yourself there shouldnt be any problem. For sharing the mods you need´to ask for permission of the author

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cyberbullet

PostSubject: Re: Question about retextures, ports and mashups   Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:10 pm

Alright. Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruz011

PostSubject: Re: Question about retextures, ports and mashups   Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:12 pm

@Cyberbullet - its always difficult if you talk about someone else work. As it is for your personal use i see no problem, but if you want to share or upload it then you need permission from the modder your using assets.

Now to the skills. For meshups you should have some basic knowledge how to work with 3ds max or blender. With those 3d programs you can edit the meshes you want to meshup, like deleting parts or moving them to the possition you need.
As for retexuring you need photoshop or gimp. Also a dds plugin to import dds files. And of course Nifskope, to set the texture paths you need for your meshes. That should be all you need. Good luck and Happy Modding Thumbs Up

PostSubject: Re: Question about retextures, ports and mashups   Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:35 pm

@"Cruz011" - I have gotten pretty comfortable with Outfit studio. A few weeks of fumbling through the settings anyways. I used to use photoshop a lot years ago, I should be ok picking that back up. And I have some basic understanding of textures and layering. But above all I am stuborn as hell and believe I can do anything. Hopefully that works out.  Smile For now I am going to just work on retextures and mashups but hopefully more unique works later on. I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruz011

PostSubject: Re: Question about retextures, ports and mashups   Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:02 pm

@Cyberbullet - sound you have already everything you need. Looking forward to see some screenshots of your work. Best regards.

Question about retextures, ports and mashups

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1