Now I am certain that this has been talked about before here on GUN, but I'm a grade A noob and wanted to get some of your guys' opinions/wishes for the inevitable next installment. I started thinking about this recently after watching a video on YT (for the life of me, I can't remember who it was by) about this guy's ideal Fallout: New Orleans. I had remembered liking a lot of what this guy said about things like story, factions, and even level based areas.
For myself, and this is for whoever makes the next game, I just want it to be similar to New Vegas at least mechanically and structurally speaking while also retaining some of the features of 4. I want the open-endedness that was present in NV to return because I felt that I could do anything I wanted or be anyone I wanted. They need to lose the detailed protagonist shit they had in 4 because it put a serious damper on the greatest aspect of the series, and that's going out and making your own character, instead of having a backstory pushed down our throats. Now, I don't want to come off as a Fallout 4 basher or anything, because I actually really liked the game, but there was something about NV that made it perfect in my opinion.
Okay, I'm going to stop rambling now, so here's a quick little wishlist for the next game:
- no character backstory given to us
- weapon and armor modding from F4 (one of the best aspects of that game)
- settlement building, without a huge emphasis; basically something you CAN do but don't HAVE to do
- no more redundant radient quests ( I know this is kinda avoidable, but at least at variety)
- weapon variety is a must, because it seemed like there weren't that many weapons in F4
- pls bring back the karma and reputation system
- the old perk/leveling system from NV
alright folks, that's just a quick list I came up with and I would love to hear what your guys' wishlist is!