Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Reforged upgrades money hunk khan FCOM Superpele commonwealth NPCs ghoul daryl riot Ryse wolfenstein Gear space marvel mandalorian machine dead body Mask boom boomers Call vault
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 12:45 pm

Hey guys,

so as the title states, when loading up a save, it's just instant CTD, does anybody know a solution to this?

It started doing this as soon as I updated to the most recent windows 10 update, even without any ENBs

Thanks in advance Smile Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
vahn65

vahn65

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 1:44 pm

I've had this issue as well i found that running it in compatibility mode for windows 7 or windows xp(pack3) works. Also dont forget to update your drivers as well go to your search bar, type drivers then select update drivers then find your graphics card driver and right click it and check and search for an update. If that doesn't work go your program files look for your past version and downgrade back to the previous driver version. Let me know how that works Smile

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 2:21 pm

@vahn65 I've just started a fresh install of my windows, as soon as it starts back up I will try this if the install fails, I'll let you know. Thankyou sir Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
wurm45

wurm45

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 2:59 pm

The problem is that Microsoft changed something in their display driver with the anniversary update, which crashes Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. If you have a Nvidia Graphics card then install drivers 368.81 or below, everything abover Drivers 368.81 will crash these games.
It's the same for AMD cards, you need to install older drivers, but I don't know which ones since I have a Nvidia card myself.

You can read a bit more about it here https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/966915/geforce-drivers/official-372-90-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-9-21-16-/post/4980875/#4980875
and here https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/966915/geforce-drivers/official-372-90-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-9-21-16-/post/4980887/#4980887
Back to top Go down
vahn65

vahn65

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 3:51 pm

Lucianhector wrote:
@vahn65 I've just started a fresh install of my windows, as soon as it starts back up I will try this if the install fails, I'll let you know. Thankyou sir Thumbs Up

Alright mate! Hope it works out!

ZionI

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 7:26 pm

Yes like Wurm45 said its the graphics card driver. i literally just finished fixing it. I have a gtx 980 and had to go back to driver 368.69. just download the driver uninstall the old one by going to driver manager, find display adapter, double click on yours, click uninstall driver, restart and install the driver you just downloaded. That should fix your prob. Good luck The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas 1f44d
Back to top Go down
NaturalMineralWater

NaturalMineralWater

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 7:53 pm

I had the same problem, I Reverted my drivers to a lower version and that worked for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3eKuVtRej5XLCMlyuDiJkQ
cody61

cody61

Character sheet
Name: Cody
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 12:45 am

I used a d3d9.dll from the nexus and its fixed the issue without having revert drivers.

wurm45

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 5:50 am

@cody61 that works too, as long as you don't want an ENB.
Back to top Go down
cody61

cody61

Character sheet
Name: Cody
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 7:12 am

@wurm45 Well it seems ENB's might actually work with that fix after a few tweaks to the ini.

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 2:46 pm

@wurm45 @vahn65 @ZionI @NaturalMineralWater @cody61

Thanks for the info Guys, I've just got my computer back in order after the reboot, unfortunately that did nothing to help, although i'm glad i did it i was long overdue a fresh install

I'm going to go down the route Vahn & Wurm suggested, just need to figure out how to downgrade to driver 368.81 Skeptic

I'd take out the dll file but I'm after trying out some ENBs

UPDATE -

Okay so I did that, but the driver only rolled back to 369.09 and won't give me the option to roll back anymore.

And New Vegas still doesn't work :\

UPDATE 2 -

BOOM, downloaded it from their site (should have realised that's how you do it, i'm a moron) and New Vegas now works!

Thanks guys for all your help, given you all a +1 for your sound, constructive and successful advice Smile

Back to top Go down
vahn65

vahn65

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 5:08 pm

Lucianhector wrote:
@wurm45 @vahn65 @ZionI @NaturalMineralWater @cody61

Thanks for the info Guys, I've just got my computer back in order after the reboot, unfortunately that did nothing to help, although i'm glad i did it i was long overdue a fresh install

I'm going to go down the route Vahn & Wurm suggested, just need to figure out how to downgrade to driver 368.81 Skeptic

I'd take out the dll file but I'm after trying out some ENBs

UPDATE -

Okay so I did that, but the driver only rolled back to 369.09 and won't give me the option to roll back anymore.

And New Vegas still doesn't work :\

UPDATE 2 -

BOOM, downloaded it from their site (should have realised that's how you do it, i'm a moron) and New Vegas now works!

Thanks guys for all your help, given you all a +1 for your sound, constructive and successful advice Smile

Im glad it worked out bud!! enbs are a bit tricky with the new drivers for somme reason hope its fixed soon but you are welcome!

wurm45

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 11:05 am

@Lucianhector as vahn said, good to hear it's working for you. Let's just hope Microsoft, Nvidia or Bethesda fix it soon, or we will be stuck with old drivers forever.
Back to top Go down
NaturalMineralWater

NaturalMineralWater

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 12:14 pm

@Vahm56

Ah super glad it worked out! Thank you for the rep! Big-Hug Big-Hug
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3eKuVtRej5XLCMlyuDiJkQ
MonAsaX

MonAsaX

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 4:20 pm

@"Lucianhector" I had this same annoying problem when I downloaded the Windows 10 update but after downloading the 368.81 drivers everything worked fine. I'm glad you finally got it to work.

vahn65

vahn65

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 6:29 pm

MonAsaX wrote:
@Lucianhector I had this same annoying problem when I downloaded the Windows 10 update but after downloading the 368.81 drivers everything worked fine. I'm glad you finally got it to work.

OKay so I am having the same issues myself now after helping the OP out. I just got a new laptop and it just will not play with enbs for FO3 and FNV wont work with or without ENB. Doesn't anyone have any solutions?

wurm45

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 7:37 pm

vahn65 wrote:
MonAsaX wrote:
@Lucianhector I had this same annoying problem when I downloaded the Windows 10 update but after downloading the 368.81 drivers everything worked fine. I'm glad you finally got it to work.

OKay so I am having the same issues myself now after helping the OP out. I just got a new laptop and it just will not play with enbs for FO3 and FNV wont work with or without ENB. Doesn't anyone have any solutions?

I guess you tried the older drivers already. Also make sure that the game is using the dedicated graphics card, if you have one, and not the cpu graphic chip. Getting the 4GB launcher and putting the ENB DLL into the exes folder of it should also help.
Back to top Go down
vahn65

vahn65

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 10:52 pm

wurm45 wrote:
vahn65 wrote:
MonAsaX wrote:

I guess you tried the older drivers already. Also make sure that the game is using the dedicated graphics card, if you have one, and not the cpu graphic chip. Getting the 4GB launcher and putting the ENB DLL into the exes folder of it should also help.

I did get new Vegas to work ironically by updating my drivers but fallout 3 is the issue now

wurm45

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 5:46 am

@vahn65 is it a Steam or non steam version ? The non Steam version might need GFWL to work.
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 8:18 am

@vahn65 you might not like the sound of my solution buddy haha

I see you got new Vegas working in the end Thumbs Up

Back rolling a driver made New Vegas work, but would still crash with ENBs

So I tried a fresh install and that worked for both new Vegas and new Vegas ENBs

So you could try that, hopefully it would work, but obviously that would mean potentially fucking up mods etc

Fallout 3 flat out wouldn't work for me, but my windows suggested some software to download to make older games compatible. And it worked, but not with ENBs :/ I havnt had time to tinker with that yet

If I produce any results for fallout 3 ENBs I'll let you guys know on this thread, and I would request you guys please do the same haha

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas   The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas Empty

Back to top Go down

The Most recent Windows 10 Update crashes my New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next