Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk marvel Call NPCs Superpele Reforged mandalorian machine vault daryl khan wolfenstein boom boomers Gear ghoul money body commonwealth Mask space Ryse upgrades riot FCOM dead
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 8:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby john96 Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:53 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:29 am

» Late Introduction
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
New Vegas house hunting! Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New Vegas house hunting!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gibons45

gibons45

New Vegas house hunting! Empty
PostSubject: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi Gun people i'm trying to find a house mod in New Vegas as i've lived in victor's shack for far too long and id like to finally move out and find a place of my own to store all my junk and do all my crafting!

So what house mods would you guys recommend and where does your Courier currently call home? Smile

gunslinger6792

gunslinger6792

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 6:33 pm

I'll shamelessly self promote and recommend that you check out some of my mods on the nexus. That said there's some really awesome stuff out there in the 80 to 20 endorsement range. By that I mean a lot of great house mods got made after 2012 so the number of endorsements they garnered was a lot less.
Back to top Go down
Overdone

Overdone

Character sheet
Name: Rayford
Faction: Independent
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 6:42 pm

I'm currently away from my computer so I can't tell you the exact name of the mods, but my couriers are always nomads it seems. I have a mod that adds camping gear, which you must purchase from a vendor if I'm not misremembering. The gear weighs 150 lbs., but you drop it on the ground, activate it, and the tent pops up. The tent has everything you need in a house in a portable space. Anything you store in the containers, stays in the containers, and the gear always weighs 150 lbs. When you're done, you crouch, activate the tent flap, and the gear goes back into your inventory.

There is also the van. You purchase the van from Gibson Scrapyard. Contains everything you need. It's a mobile, fast-travelling base, but requires flamer fuel to work.

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 6:55 pm

@gunslinger6792 oh hey i used your Frontier Home a while ago and that was pretty cool so i'll look into your other mods!

@Overdone that sounds like it might be cool so i'll look into that as well!

rower97

rower97

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 6:56 pm

I have a few suggestions:

Lucky 38 reloaded: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55540/?
I have used this for ages, across many characters, and it has never let me down. Plus it's lore friendly.

Freeside safehouse: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61166/?
I haven't used this, but I've always meant to, I hardly get time to play anymore lol. It's good because there are no loading screens. Just not too sure if it'll be compatible with Freeside open.

Back to top Go down
gibons45

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 7:10 pm

@rower97 i usually shy away from huge home mods so i'll probably skip the Lucky 38 reloaded but that Freeside safehouse looks neat!

mixtape69

mixtape69

Character sheet
Name: Wewus Laddus
Faction: New Vegas Strip
Level: 420

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 8:29 pm

Firewatch house is pretty neat. Essentially a forest fire lookout tower, you could see outside and the lights from the strip. It's not too far from Ranger Station Foxtrot and is easily in the prettiest part of the Mojave, the forest around Jacobstown. It is pretty basic, but fits the role well enough to be a decent player house, even had its own map marker if I remember.

You can get a motel room in Novac in the vanilla game for 100 caps or free if you got high Novac rep, while the vanilla is basic, there is a mod that spices up the room and adds some of the nifty features the Lucky 38 reloaded suite had without it being too large, and includes a functioning TV set that you can watch Tom and Jerry on.

Both are on the nexus if you look up firewatch or Novac.

Platypus

Platypus

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 8:41 pm

i usually use
Couriers Cache:

Its a Quest mod and house mod rolled into one including 6 new weapons 5 of them craftable and a few armors ,The house is located in the scenic north north of Vegas around the Honest hearts dlc start cave. Includes a bed,shower working lights and of course storage as a added bonus has a bit of a sustainable greenery for the survival expert in you.

Highly recommended come for the home stay for the Carlos!!
But I'm a Platypus what do I Know

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 9:13 pm

@Platypus i remember alchestbreach reviewed that a few years ago.

@mixtape69 hmm that Firewatch house sounds interesting.

also 200th post yay!

Drutar

Drutar

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 9:39 pm

I usually use the bungalow which comes with the Willow companion mod. It's in Novac's motel. I love it. I can store my stuff there in an ordered way. There's a separate cabinet for every single category. Guns, armors, clothes, ammo, food, everything. There's also a working shower which is fun. Hell, there's even a quest to "upgrade" your home, which is even more fun! I highly recommend that mod if you don't have it yet, it's easily one of the best mods for New Vegas. Totally lore-friendly, it actually feels like it was meant to be part of the vanilla game.

Link:

Tank-Girl

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 9:50 pm

Self promo I know -_- But I use my own player homes I have three I use XD
One that is private
But you could look at these two
and http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57243/?
and https://www.gunetwork.org/t8131-me444-s-royal-palace I love Naboo I think I may work on it some more Very Happy

My YT Channel
Tank-Girl
Back to top Go down
gibons45

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 10:13 pm

@Drutar i had Willow as my companion in my last playthrough so i probably won't be using her this time TongueTril

@me444 i'm not sure if Naboo is my kind of place to live in lol but i'm definitely gonna check out the one with the soda also nothing wrong with bringing up the stuff you made!

Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 10:27 pm

Vault-HQ1 http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48999/

Personally, I love living in the vault. Usually I'm not too happy with a player home this big but it definitely feels better when I have my companions in it. If that's your thing

Moonlightbae

Moonlightbae

Character sheet
Name: Litney Houston
Faction: Heartbreak Kids
Level: BadKenzClub aka FRESHER THAN YOU

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 10:50 pm

@Tribal Raven I can't believe I never saw that one. I'm definitely gonna try that one, looks like this thread helped me out.

https://www.taylorswift.com/
Overdone

Overdone

Character sheet
Name: Rayford
Faction: Independent
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 11:11 pm

Hey! So I'm finally at my computer and here's the two mods I recommended!

Portable Tent: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36372/?

Mobile Truck Base:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50978/?

There's another mod that turns a pre-existing ruined building and turns it into a player home!
Sanchez Farm Player Home by llamaRCA:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59023/?

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 11:20 pm

@Overdone i am seriously considering that tent mod as my main home if only for the convenience of it Thinking

paczkins069

paczkins069

Character sheet
Name: Jacob
Faction: NCR
Level: 43

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 12:07 am

Liberty loft in freeside thats really good player house
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41822/?

Lucky 38 reloaded
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55540/?

and very good apartament in novac
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55531/?

Mobile Truck Base is very good house @Overdone give you link
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 1:32 am

I usually use the Winnebago mod. It's like the mobile truck base, but a bit more spacious. I love and use both. Together they act like a better form of fast travel if you're doing what I do. No fast travel, unless it's by car or vehicle. The mbt and Winnebago share a few destinations, but the Winnebago seems more suited to settlements while the mtb leans more towards frequented areas and dlc entrances. Like, I will take the mtb to the area where you start honest hearts. I'll complete it and come back over encumbered. I'll get inside the truck and take it to I-88 where my Winnebago is waiting.

The Winnebago also allows for a little customization. You can purchase upgrades for it like a chemistry set. By default, it has a gas tank that takes flamer fuel in order go run. Without it, the lights turn off and you can't "drive" it. You can buy an upgrade to switch it to a mfc engine where a single mfc round will run it forever(which I typically avoid for immersion).

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45947

There's also a modified version somewhere that's compatible with xre cars.

If you're looking for a house rather than a mobile home, then phoenix point is my suggestion.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49173/?

It's a nice house, but isn't flashy or over the top. It's got a relockable door so enemies can't get in. The first floor is a living room and kitchen. There's a futon in the living room where you can sit on it, but pull the lever on the side and a bed pops out. The kitchen has a fridge, cupboards, drawers, a working stove, and a mini bar with a drink cabinet. In the kitchen there is a backdoor that leads to a fenced in yard(still the same cell so no loading screen) with lawn chairs and a pool. Upstairs has a bedroom, a guest room, and a bathroom. Your room is pretty basic, but looks cozy. The guest room I imagine is for companions as its just a few bunk beds. The bathroom is neat. When you get up from the toilet it will flush and the shower has running water you can toggle. The last thing to mention is the basement. Next to the bar there is a button. Press it and the alcohol cabinet will move revealing stairs. The basement is mainly for weapon and ammo storage. There are labeled lockers(shotguns, assault rifles, pistols) to allow for better organization if you have a lot of gun mods. It also has a crafting area with a working trash can. Overall it's my favorite stationary home. It's nice, but doesn't go over the top. My only real complaint about it is the location. It's near the h&h tool factory. I'd prefer it if it was in a town, but it's not that big of a deal.

For vanilla housing, I always go to novac. In my opinion, it's the best house. It's got a fast travel point right next to it, a guarded fenced area, a nearby workbench, and it's right next to a shop.

I never used Victor's shack. I thought it wasn't safe to store shit there. I hated the lucky 38. While spacious and having plenty of storage, I hated how dark and empty it was. Too much dark red. What I hated most about it was it took so long to get inside just to drop off loot. You had to ft to the strip gate(loading screen 1), go onto the strip(loading screen 2), run down the street and enter the 38(loading screen 3), then take the elevator to your penthouse(loading screen 4). It was just so impractical. I only use the 38 if I'm playing ttw with ttw interiors. It revamps the 38 into a worth while home. It's still spacious and can feel a little empty, but I just spawn a few npcs to liven it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas house hunting!   New Vegas house hunting! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Vegas house hunting!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1