Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Fallout 3 References you would have liked to see?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vahn65

PostSubject: Fallout 3 References you would have liked to see?   Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:27 pm

I feel like Fallout 4 for it to be on the same hemisphere and side as Fallout 3 only 10 years apart there would have been more references to Fallout 3...and was pretty disappointed that it seemed like nothing happened down there outside a few small references.

Fallout 2 references Fallout 1 a lot for obvious reasons

Fallout Tactics references Fallout 1

Fallout 3 references fallout 1

Fallout New vegas references Fallout 1 and 2

Fallout 4 references....yeah not counting easter eggs we have liberty prime and lamp light that's kinda it.

What are your thoughts and comments like and subscri....sorry working website what are your opinions haha TongueTril

Character sheet
Name: Chief
Faction: NCR: First Reconnaissance
Level: 65

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 References you would have liked to see?   Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:22 am

Seriously there's spoilers of Fallout 4 down there view at your own risk.

Spoiler:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 References you would have liked to see?   Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:39 am

I really wanted a Moira Brown easter egg, and I honestly haven't played enough or bothered to look up if there is any. She deserved at least a shoutout, but I'm pretty sure a Wasteland Survival Guide pops up somewhere in the game, at least I'd hope so.

There was a lot of opportunity, but the whole story line is like a big easter egg of synths to Fallout 3 and The Replicated Man quest. My FO3 memories are a bit rusty, like old power armor, but I'll try to think of some more (*cough*cough*Lone Wanderer*cough*).

#Liked&Subscribed

Check Me Out @ The Nexus: SKYZOO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gibons45

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 References you would have liked to see?   Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:07 am

i was a little disappointed that there were no References to the vault 87 super mutant they could have added a small group of them that maybe fled the capital wasteland and found there way to the Commonwealth or something.
what i really would have liked is more References to fallout 1 2 and NV oh well at least they added a few TongueTril

vahn65

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 References you would have liked to see?   Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:13 am

@SuperChunkChief

Spoiler:

@Sentience The surviors gide is in the gam but no direct refence other then the fact it was made just like in NV

@gibons45 I agree but they just came up with the institute reason insit of the migration like in fallout 2

Character sheet
Name: Hu-mungus
Faction: NCR
Level: 42

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 References you would have liked to see?   Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:27 am

A dead Gary clone. I did find one but it was from the Wasteland Imports mod.

Also atleast 1 refrence to the Lone Wanderer.....even if it was just from Maxson, Li or even MacCready

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 References you would have liked to see?   Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:26 pm

@Fidller Yeah its like he/she didnt even exist....Dr.Li, Maxson, MacCready...none of them even mention or hint at them once.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 References you would have liked to see?   Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:01 pm

James, Lone Wanderer, and more about Sarah Lyons. I wish Sarah were a companion in FO4. I was really sad when I learnt about her fate. Also more about Moira Brown. I was really disappointed she wasn't in FO4, I loved her, but at least she's still alive. 

Reading this thread makes me kind of nostalgic. I was very attached to FO3 characters.

mixtape69

Character sheet
Name: Wewus Laddus
Faction: New Vegas Strip
Level: 420

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 References you would have liked to see?   Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:19 pm

It kinda reflects on Bethesda's lack of interest in world building or lore consistency in the fallout universe to be honest. In Fallout 3, they at least referenced a few things from the first two games, but even then those references felt forced or didn't make sense. New Vegas funny enough references 3 better than 4 did with the recordings of Dr. Whitley on ED-E and later expanded upon it with Lonesome Road. 4 just has the brief mentions of DC and a few characters returning from Fallout 3.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 References you would have liked to see?   Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:49 am

@alde90 wrote:
James, Lone Wanderer, and more about Sarah Lyons. I wish Sarah were a companion in FO4. I was really sad when I learnt about her fate. Also more about Moira Brown. I was really disappointed she wasn't in FO4, I loved her, but at least she's still alive. 

Reading this thread makes me kind of nostalgic. I was very attached to FO3 characters.

Yeah I also wish Bethesda had insight to how Sarah Lyons met your unfortunate fate, they put Doctor Li in Fallout 4 but I was surprised they didn't give us any information on Sarah.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 References you would have liked to see?   Today at 3:54 am

Back to top Go down

Fallout 3 References you would have liked to see?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1