Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

What background music do you use in New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gibons45

PostSubject: What background music do you use in New Vegas   Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:16 pm

So i'm setting up my New Vegas for a new playthrough and i'm trying to decide what type of background music to use so i figuring i'd ask here and see what you guys use/recommend!
here what i was thinking of choosing from.

Digital Nightmare - Music Mod
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54916/?
kind of gives New Vegas a darker more sinister feel

Fallout 1 and 2 ambient musics
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38557/?
pretty self explanatory just adds music from the original fallout games

or vanilla just plan old New Vegas background music TongueTril

so what would you suggest and what background music do you like using Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drutar

PostSubject: Re: What background music do you use in New Vegas   Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:26 am

To be honest I'm not using any music at all. After a long time of playing, I got bored of it, also I feel like it's better for my immersion. I'm playing the game in Hardcore Mode, and I don't want the music to warn me, when enemies are nerby. I can still listen to the radio anytime I want.

I'm pretty much doing this with every post-apocalyptic/survival game. Sometimes silence is creepier than any creepy music. It really makes you feel alone, even in company, and especially at night. I'm not saying it's better than playing with music. Music can add a lot to anything. Games, movies, they wouldn't be the same without the great soundtracks. I'm only saying it's different, it makes you feel different about the same thing.

I know it's not the answer you expected, but I'd still suggest to try it out for a short time. Of course, after some time it can be boring too, but the cool thing about it, it's easily alterable. If you don't like it, you can turn the music back on, and that's it.

Cheers!

PostSubject: Re: What background music do you use in New Vegas   Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:30 am

@Drutar huh i never thought of that i might try that at some point Thinking

rgordonjr

PostSubject: Re: What background music do you use in New Vegas   Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:23 am

I don't listen to the background music (I find it annoying..). I do however turn on Old World Tunes.... Smile

View user profile
gibons45

PostSubject: Re: What background music do you use in New Vegas   Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:48 am

@rgordonjr I like the background music as it can add to the atmosphere at times TongueTril

MonAsaX

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What background music do you use in New Vegas   Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:20 am

I prefer when there is no music in the background. Total silence is more immersive for me and it has a habit of unnerving me during playthroughs which good for a post-apocalyptic atmosphere.

SuperChunkChief

Character sheet
Name: Chief
Faction: NCR: First Reconnaissance
Level: 65

PostSubject: Re: What background music do you use in New Vegas   Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:54 am

I usually don't listen to anything at all but sometimes I'll have a podcast or stream going in the background. Other than that I like the immersion of having to rely on your sense of sound especially if there's a gecko or a squad of legionary assassins sneaking up on you.

Character sheet
Name: KevStaysWavy
Faction: NCR Contractor
Level: 42

PostSubject: Re: What background music do you use in New Vegas   Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:53 am

For me I throw the whole ambient thing out the window. I don't really care about the whole immersion vibe. I usually just play my Spotify playlists in the background and they either get me pumped and lit or send me a mile deep in my feelings.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What background music do you use in New Vegas   Today at 10:07 pm

Back to top Go down

What background music do you use in New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1