Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

New Vegas Reborn Project vs Project Nevada

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: New Vegas Reborn Project vs Project Nevada   Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:01 pm

Project Nevada for FNV is a classic Fallout mod. It is pretty much an essential mod for your load order because it does so much to change the game. However, a mod that came out in July 2015 called The New Vegas Reborn Project does almost everything Project Nevada(excluding some features that Project Nevada brings) and brings in some new features of it's own. I have played around with it without Project Nevada and in my opinion, I kind of prefer it to Project Nevada. There is one thing that I saw that NVR does Better than PN, and that is compatibility. You don't actually need patches for any mods for them to work properly. One of the main goals for NVR is to be as conflict free as possible. That means it won't conflict with mods and such. With PN, you need patches for a bunch of mods for them to play peacefully. PN does have a upper hand when it comes to adding new content like armors, weaponry, visor overlays, etc. I personally don't really care that much for that type of stuff since I already have a bunch of mods that does that(except for visor overlays). NVR is a really great mod for TTW, too. You don't need a patch for it unlike Project Nevada. It is actually really cool that FNV has another big gameplay overhaul. There are barely any on the FNV Nexus unlike Skyrim which has a bunch of gameplay overhauls. Then again, Skyrim and Fallout are very very different games. What is your opinion? Do you still prefer PN over NVR, or vice versa?

Mod link: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59631/?

karolbr95

Character sheet
Name: Bronx
Faction: NCR
Level: 77

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Reborn Project vs Project Nevada   Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:34 pm

I do not use Project Nevada for a long time. I tried to play with this mod, but the number of patches that had to be installed terrified me. But the main reason I do not use Project Nevada is that for me the only useful feature of this mod is a dynamic dating and grenade hotkey. It is not worth clutter load order for these two functions. That is my opinion, someone may not agree, but everyone has different preferences. New Vegas Reborn Project is so much better mod, because it does not need so many plugins installed in load order. For this you need not install as many patches as is the case with Project Nevada.

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Reborn Project vs Project Nevada   Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:18 pm

@karolbr95 I also forgot to mention the random encounter system in NVR. it brings in some MUCH needed life to the Nevada desert. It brings in the feeling that you had in FO3 when you were pretty much looking at every direction to make sure nothing was sneaking up on ya.

karolbr95

Character sheet
Name: Bronx
Faction: NCR
Level: 77

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Reborn Project vs Project Nevada   Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:42 pm

This option NVR best fits with mods Monster Wars and Monster Mod. These last two mods I mentioned I use almost all the available plugins combined into one. You can believe it or not, such a combo of mods provides a large dose of action in the game, my only problem during the game with these mods is whether I have enough ammunition and Stimpaks to safely get to some place. I would recommend such a connection, if someone complains about the lack of challenges and enemies in the wastelands HorseRider

Character sheet
Name: Prospero
Faction: Wild Men
Level: 33

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Reborn Project vs Project Nevada   Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:37 am

There is actually several mods which can be used as a global gameplay overhaul but for some reason I am not able to access to "The New Vegas Reborn Project" on the Nexus. It's labeled as a hidden file with this explanation: "No longer supported and superseded by JSawyer Ultimate Edition. Inventory Sorter and Mojave Enciunter modules are soon to be remade as standalone mods".
What is exactly this random encounter system ?

I used for a long time JSawyer Ultimate Edition, which could be compared to an enhanced hardcore mod. I do use Project Nevada and its addons now. It supports more options in my opinion and adds a certain FPS taste (I choose it for immersion). But recently (thanks to this website) I discovered a mod called "Arwen_NV_Realism_Tweaks" by Arwen. I didn't try it yet but it appears as a serious competitor regarding PN. Check out on the Nexus if you want to read the whole description (it's not a small thing!).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hitchenson

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Reborn Project vs Project Nevada   Yesterday at 9:07 pm

I've literally never used Project Nevada in the 1802 hours playtime I've accumulated. When it comes to my game play tweaks and more large scale overhauls, I keep it a bit lighter than PN, but with a bunch of smaller mods in lieu, such as Vicious Wastes (a great hardcore focused "medium sized" overhaul mod inspired by JSawyer Mod and made by Slippy, the guy behind Alternative Repairing - features include a bleeding/bandage system and its loot scarcity stuff being entirely script driven to help with compatibility issues); the aforementioned JSawyer Mod (which should need no going over by me); BLEED (by Roy of TTW fame, which amps up a lot of combat features and makes DoT something to fear); Nitty's Wild Ride (which acts more as a companion to Vicious Wastes, but focuses on the weapons and their balance to a very well done standard, it sets out to make each unique weapon a bit more special, but not OTT and it succeeds in doing so); Painful Injuries (a neat little mod that applies debuffs to stats at varying stages of HP %, to both you and NPCs, as well as other things like stumbling over when at super low health). And so on. I find with the sheer volume of awesome and well accomplished little mods and more medium scope overhauls, I've never been inclined to look at PN; with a bit of xEditing most any combination of little mods can play nice in its place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Reborn Project vs Project Nevada   Yesterday at 9:44 pm

Project Nevada's been a mainstay in my order for a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas Reborn Project vs Project Nevada   Today at 12:18 am

Back to top Go down

New Vegas Reborn Project vs Project Nevada

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1