Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call FCOM machine khan Reforged marvel dead wolfenstein Gear commonwealth space boom riot NPCs money daryl upgrades ghoul vault Ryse mandalorian Superpele boomers hunk Mask body
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
patriotickevin

patriotickevin

Character sheet
Name: Kevin
Faction: Minutemen
Level: 17.76

FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Empty
PostSubject: FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults?   FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 6:46 am

Those of you that have the DLC, how many of you guys actually take time into building your vaults? I probably put about 15 hours in, and I managed to keep the pathing of the vaults to line up of already existing sections of the vault, so theres that.

The way I set up my vault is that once you get past screening, you meet yourself at the atrium, here you can find access to the Commissary, Cafeteria, Gym, Overseer's Office, Barbershop, Sick Hall, Common Room, and hallways that lead to the three hydroponics rooms, various sleeping rooms, Security Personnel Rooms. Overall I can add alot more rooms, since I can build vertically still since some of these caves are pretty big. And the Vault DLC adds signs to label specific rooms, which can give you idea to build for rooms.

I outfit my dwellers in the Vault 88 suits obviously, the security staff are minutemen, the men wear US BF4 kits in various camo/gear combos, the women wear the Asuka Officer Outfits. Vault Dwellers are all individually named using this mod I use which names them for me instead of the generic "Settler".

I've also been having issues with the vault dwellers, not being able to navigate to other sections deeper in the vault, they generally stay in the atrium, so that means when its time to sleep alot of them whose, bed rooms are deeper in the vault, end up standing there.
Anyways, heres my Vault 88, I chose all the Ted Options by the way.

Atrium:

Various Rooms:

Hallways:

Alixen

PostSubject: Re: FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults?   FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 11:25 am

That looks amazing, and as someone who just started it for the first time, you have my undying respect. The work you must have put in is mind boggling.

My first thought was 'wow, a cave system' and 'huh, I can make a sanctum for my Silver Shroud character'.
Back to top Go down
MojavePlasma

MojavePlasma

Character sheet
Name: Alone at Hopesgrain
Faction: Lewd
Level: -10

PostSubject: Re: FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults?   FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 10:24 pm

Looks awesome! I wonder how it looks from the outside.

Discord: renaissance#1866
Back to top Go down
patriotickevin

patriotickevin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults?   FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Thanks, with all the stuff in my FO4 now, I need to get a new cpu, this game makes my cpu run on max load now.

rojok2

Character sheet
Name: Johan
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults?   FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 11:04 pm

cool vault, I can never get my settlements to look right.
Back to top Go down
heaventhere

heaventhere

PostSubject: Re: FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults?   FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 5:48 am

Oh very cool, just got this yesterday. Looking forward to building something, not thinking will be as big as yours. You have did a great job, really like what you did with the Atrium Smile

FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Image10
Back to top Go down
Overdone

Overdone

Character sheet
Name: Rayford
Faction: Independent
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults?   FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 5:56 am

I'm taking the time to make a vault, but I build things on a much smaller scale. I want to make tunnels down into the deeper parts of the cave, specifically to the purifier, but using what I've been given, I'm getting clipping issues and it's extremely frustrating.

I enjoy building things, but Bethesda's system they've put a heavy focus upon is difficult to work with without mods or commands.
Back to top Go down
patriotickevin

patriotickevin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults?   FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 6:09 am

Overdone wrote:
I'm taking the time to make a vault, but I build things on a much smaller scale. I want to make tunnels down into the deeper parts of the cave, specifically to the purifier, but using what I've been given, I'm getting clipping issues and it's extremely frustrating.

I enjoy building things, but Bethesda's system they've put a heavy focus upon is difficult to work with without mods or commands.

The way the vault had its flooring and pathing prearranged,its possible to set up the vault so that the premade commonsection in the northwest sector can snap perfectly without having to move a single piece of preplaced vault rooms, but if you do it like that, then it isnt possible to get to the purifier. and honestly the way that section is, with all the rails and mounds it doesnt seem like theres a way to make an actual hall way fit perfectly.

On another note, if you dont rearrange the vault at all besides as in spacing wise. you can perfectly have hallways that can cleanly navigate the caves narrow corridors.

Overdone

Character sheet
Name: Rayford
Faction: Independent
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults?   FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 6:16 am

patriotickevin wrote:
The way the vault had its flooring and pathing prearranged,its possible to set up the vault so that the premade commonsection in the northwest sector can snap perfectly without having to move a single piece of preplaced vault rooms, but if you do it like that, then it isnt possible to get to the purifier. and honestly the way that section is, with all the rails and mounds it doesnt seem like theres a way to make an actual hall way fit perfectly.

On another note, if you don't rearrange the vault at all besides as in spacing wise. you can perfectly have hallways that can cleanly navigate the caves narrow corridors.
Really? I haven't gotten around to going that way yet, but clearly that's a thing I should be doing.

Still frustrating that I can't take the most direct path there, though.
Back to top Go down
Stormlord

Stormlord

PostSubject: Re: FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults?   FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 11:09 am

Woah, it looks awesome. I should start building mine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults?   FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults? Empty

Back to top Go down

FO4 [Vault Workshop] Building Vaults?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1