Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Best written fallout mods?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thesilvershroud

PostSubject: Best written fallout mods?   Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:43 pm

In your opinion what was the best written (dialog and storywise) fallout mod you've played?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trzop22

Character sheet
Name: Death doesnt need name
Faction: Blood Angels Chapter
Level: Over 9000!!!

PostSubject: Re: Best written fallout mods?   Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:29 pm

For me pretty obvious choice new vegas bounties series. The dialog are great you can feel that propably every character have his own uniqe personality. Story was great turning slowly from newbie bounty hunter to living legend is great experience cowboy

SomeKid123

PostSubject: Re: Best written fallout mods?   Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:30 pm

Well oh lord I think 99% of people will be saying NVB series and frankly, I can't help but agree with, you know, everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walrustom

PostSubject: Re: Best written fallout mods?   Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:41 am

New Vegas Bounties without a doubt. It feels like Tarantino started writing for Fallout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obsidian929

PostSubject: Re: Best written fallout mods?   Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:43 am

alright Ima go with something different other than NVB, not saying it wasnt great but I'll try not to be with the crowd, Autumn Leaves was, to me, like a mini dlc. plus it gave me a creepy vibe while playing it which was different playing NV

"You brought 2 too many.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: Best written fallout mods?   Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:39 am

....Well, I'm stuck. I can't really say NVB sense everyone is already saying it. So...I'll go for another someguy2000 mod. "The Inheritance" and "The Better Angels". Both are great standalone stories. The Inheritance was a mod I liked to do after NVB 2, but before NVB 3. It's kind of like a grace period for your character. Giving him time to take on a more smaller, but equally important mission.

The Better Angels is probably a great way to finish out the someguy2000 mods. I usually do it after NVB and like to think of it as an conclusion to my character's story. On top of that the last grand battle you have with the legion is just...epic. Such a great battle. It's massive and a bit long, but it's a good challenge to finish everything on.

In short, all of someguy2000's work is spectacular. Whether you like the NVB series or his other mods, you can't deny it has great writing. I really can't wait till he tackles Fallout 4! Smile

PostSubject: Re: Best written fallout mods?   Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:08 am

I've heard good things about Autumn Leaves, got it installed but haven't played it yet. Speaking of NVB, in New Vegas Bounties 2, there's a really nice short little quest where you go after an Enclave fugitive and I really had to think about what I was going to do.
Spoiler if you haven't played NVB 2 Yet:

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Best written fallout mods?   Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:12 am

Hands down The Someguy Series is the best written mod. To me Someguy2000 is the Quentin Tarantino of Moders and His series and writing is just as fun and colorful as a Tarantino film.

2nd place goes to Autumn Leaves. Great story, great writing, great mod.

3rd Beyond Boulderdom is a great story and a long adventure to go on. Lots of side quests and very fun and interesting characters to meet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Six
Faction: Helljumpers
Level: 32

PostSubject: Re: Best written fallout mods?   Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:28 am

While not the strongest written, I think Deserter's Fortress and The Rockwell Pursuit have very rewarding playthroughs, though they're simple and span 2+ hours or so

tgspy

Character sheet
Name: Intern John
Faction: Frontier NCR Regiment
Level: 5

PostSubject: Re: Best written fallout mods?   Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:18 am

Would have to agree with a vast majority of whats here, someguy2000's work is amazing, autumn leaves to me whilst the story was good the gameplay was rather weak in my opinion. Rockwell pursuit is a great mod.

Probably the best written in my opinion is The Frontier Smile

View user profile
ZombieRedNeck

PostSubject: Re: Best written fallout mods?   Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:21 am

I am going to be different here, because if I counted NVB's I would just be going with the crowd, while I fucking love those mods, being a big fan of westerns and of the story itself, I have to go with a different set of mods. Not because these mods are better stories, but to give more variety to this thread.

1. Deimos
Honestly this is one of the most cleverest mods I have ever played, as well as being very well written. Its not overbearingly smart, like you dont need to be a scientest to get it, but it is very very well written. While it is relatively short, you will find yourself in a time travel adventure that while it has a fine amount of actions, has a much more interesting story. A little spoiler ahead, so dont read if you havent played.
Seriously DONT OPEN IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED :

2. Project Brazil
I remember when this was just an idea and then it came out. I was shocked at just how amazing it was, and while it is not finished yet, like the Frontier, I continuously check back on it to see its progress. The writing on this is very good, as well as the voice acting. Add to the fact there is a trippy dream sequence and you have me sold.

3. Beyond the Boulder Dome
Honestly this was one of the first mods I played for NV, and I remember squelling like a little girl when I saw monkeys. You dont like monkeys? Well screw you. But there are cannibals, an interesting diverse set of factions(Some familiar others new). And a ghoul companion with a panther cane and a mutated cat. If you havent played this, then I would be very shocked and disapointed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Courier777

PostSubject: Re: Best written fallout mods?   Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:41 am

New vegas Killer was a small yet enjoyable little quest mod by Someguy 2000 and had some good humorus dialogue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadyShade

PostSubject: Re: Best written fallout mods?   Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:29 pm

Someguy2000 is great, but for the sake of going against the current Id say that the quest for heaven series for fallout 3 by firelady is defintiely up there. The grammar is incorrect at times but the atmosphere and the lore presented in the mod just blows me away.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best written fallout mods?   Today at 4:59 am

Back to top Go down

Best written fallout mods?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1