Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele mandalorian vault NPCs upgrades Reforged Call hunk commonwealth wolfenstein Mask boom marvel ghoul FCOM dead Ryse money daryl khan boomers machine Gear body riot space
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Toughest Choice in Fallout Series?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AshurForrester

AshurForrester

Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toughest Choice in Fallout Series?   Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 10:30 pm

The hardest choice for me was deciding which faction to side with in FNV on my first time playing.

I wanted to side with House but I didn't know a lot about him and frankly, neither did anyone else. He'd just be some faceless overlord of the Mojave and I thought that people would get suspicious and try something stupid.

On the other hand was the NCR, the "good" guys. Once I delved into their side quests, I realized that they weren't really all that good. They were corrupt and some of them weren't even in it to protect people. Only serve their own interests. I saved the Legion and Yes Man for later. I shouldn't have though because the Legion ending was by far my favorite. The sick sadist that I am.

dragbody

dragbody

Character sheet
Name: Riddick
Faction: I bow to no man.
Level: Animal

PostSubject: Re: Toughest Choice in Fallout Series?   Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 11:01 pm

My hardest choice was playing through Fallout 4 when I came to the part of the quest where I had to alienate certain factions to progress.

There was a clear difference for me between, say, 4 and NV. In New Vegas, the choices were difficult but still fun. I was excited to see how things could progress and I knew a new playthrough would allow me to create a character capable of going down a different path with other factions. Every NV faction had faults and imperfections, but they also all had some reason for which I could see myself fighting for them.

In 4, I determined that I could not side with the Institute. Their politics and motives are too shady. I also could not side with the Railroad because their ideals are so aloof that they lose sight of the suffering of actual humans. I could not side with the Minutemen because they are cookie-cutter do-gooders who cry and moan while actually doing nothing. Even though I found points of contention with the Brotherhood's politics, they were the winners by default... UNTIL

Spoiler:

Ultimately, this decision wasn't just hard. It was too hard. I couldn't finish the playthrough and I've never gone back to the game. I know the game designers want players to be faced with "tough" decisions, but come on guys! The game should still be fun.
Back to top Go down
mpaz96

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: Toughest Choice in Fallout Series?   Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 12:08 am

@dragbody When it comes to Fallout, getting overly attached to one or more characters isn't hard. I actually was in the same position that you found yourself in. That's about the only time in Fallout where deciding whom to choose proofed to be a challenge.

Choosing the BoS was about the only option I had. Hated the Institute, didn't choose the Railroad because of the same reason as you and The Minutemen for me were kind of annoying and somewhat useless.

Spoiler:

Overall, even though deciding was a bitch, that's about the only thing I really liked about Fallout 4.

mistermansnake

PostSubject: Re: Toughest Choice in Fallout Series?   Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 5:10 am

@"dragbody"

I can understand how you feel, I didn't want to finish the game either, it took me at least a week to choose to betray Shaun and save everyone else

@"mpaz96"

I did the same as you and I'm happy enough, although it still makes me sad sometimes when I see Shaun at the fort
Back to top Go down
Gambit77

Gambit77

PostSubject: Re: Toughest Choice in Fallout Series?   Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 9:32 am

Yeah, the FO4 choices were kind of messed up. Once you're the head of the Institute, there is really no reason you wouldn't be able to bring all the factions together to the table to make peace. You'd have the power to reform the Institute to make peace with the Railroad, and you'd have the power to work with the BoS to make the Commonwealth a safer place. I think it's going to be interesting to see what kind of dilemmas get added with Nuka World once you can become a member of the raider faction. That should really shake things up.
Back to top Go down
JackLovecraft

JackLovecraft

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Toughest Choice in Fallout Series?   Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 2:38 pm

...Come to think of it , I really had no tough calls in the Fallout games , I always went in solo guns blazing and just took the money....I was a Slaver in FO2 , still killed them off once I got the cash needed , robbed graves , in Fallout NV I was a normal merc killed most factions on my first run because I loved the NCR glasses , The Pitt DLC had me interested but never got the Kid Dilemma.....Maybe the closest dilemma I ever had was not being able to carry all the guns , I got in mods and vanilla from

Rubberduck

PostSubject: Re: Toughest Choice in Fallout Series?   Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 3:04 pm

Which lover to choo... wait that's Witcher 3. Hard to say really NV i guess which ending no Legion, so I chose the NCR mostly for the Brotherhood, though. NCR seemed like the best choice for the well-being of my brothers and sisters.

"The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly" - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Back to top Go down
rebillion76

rebillion76

Character sheet
Name:
Faction: BOS
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Toughest Choice in Fallout Series?   Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 3:10 pm

Hmm I can think of some decisions i had to think about, but not really any that were really tough for me. I suppose choosing whether to activate the nuke in megaton or arm it was sorta tough same with choosing a faction to go with in fallout 4, not really any decisions that i really had to contemplate though.

Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Gunetw10
"Leaving this world isn't as scary as it sounds"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toughest Choice in Fallout Series?   Toughest Choice in Fallout Series? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toughest Choice in Fallout Series?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2