Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
money wolfenstein space NPCs marvel machine boomers upgrades riot Gear hunk khan boom body Ryse FCOM Superpele Call dead commonwealth Reforged mandalorian Mask vault daryl ghoul
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:33 am

» hi i'm new person
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby Smellen D'generes Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:06 am

» New person
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:29 pm

» Howdy pardners.
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:06 pm

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:44 pm

» who here is a mandalorian??
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The 3rd Type

The 3rd Type

Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 2:45 am

The Co-Op system could work with you joining the host as his companion. Would be cool. Mod managing for online play might be hard to pull off though.
Back to top Go down
http://taleoftwowastelands.com
Tupolev

Tupolev

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 2:51 am

@Livin
I wouldn't be opposed to co-op at all, but I'd see it as having significant issues. No VATS (unless other player paused as the host activated it), rendering world and items / NPC for both players...

I just see it causing too many things to snag on for the development process, and we all know what that means in the industry.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadowmark

Darkshadowmark

Location : Walking the line of Sanity and Insanity with Miss. Liddell.

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 2:55 am

I'm both looking forward to and dreading F4 at the same time because of Skyrim. Skyrim was a mess and was just bad, IMO. I just hope they bring back the Companion Wheel and give it the same charm as FO3 and FNV's DLCs.

I really hope they don't do a Co-Op or Multiplayer of any sort for F4. ESO is...it's just bad. Not just "Bad" but downright horrible. I hope it never hits F4.

Tupolev

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:01 am

lot of the botched UI mistakes could be chalked up to the fact they wanted to do a multi-platform release. It's going to be the same, sorry to say. Hopefully some smart man will fix it...

I really dont think co-op will ever be a thing for any of the Fallout games. Still don't think Fallout will be made, they might be scrapping and re-building the project at this point...

I'm gonna be a wet blanket but they seem to already have a lot on their plate. DOOM, Wolfenstein and whatnot... It may be a while until we get F4, if at all.
Back to top Go down
Livnthedream

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:14 am

Co-op != MMO.

Doom and Wolfenstein are being handled by different studios under the Bethesda publishing arm.
Back to top Go down
Tupolev

Tupolev

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:21 am

Livnthedream wrote:
Co-op != MMO.

Doom and Wolfenstein are being handled by different studios under the Bethesda publishing arm.

But certainly Bethesda has a role to play in development, no? I'd imagine their focus would be on pushing those two out successfully in the coming months. I don't know too much on how the industry works, but seeing as most of the 'leaks' about FO4 were... disappointing to say the least, it seems like they aren't working on FO4 to me.
Back to top Go down
Livnthedream

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:27 am

Generally speaking, no. The publisher guys are really rather separate from the individual studios, and generally studios don't hop across to "help out" other teams. Its usually cheaper/easier to contract that work out than pull someone from another team to help out. Its why significant amounts of the industry at large are typically "free agents" rather than flat out employed by the studio. You have too many area's of downtime, or only need x number of people for a specific period, or only need a specific type of expertise for part of a project.
Back to top Go down
Tupolev

Tupolev

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:34 am

Livnthedream wrote:
Generally speaking, no. The publisher guys are really rather separate from the individual studios, and generally studios don't hop across to "help out" other teams. Its usually cheaper/easier to contract that work out than pull someone from another team to help out. Its why significant amounts of the industry at large are typically "free agents" rather than flat out employed by the studio. You have too many area's of downtime, or only need x number of people for a specific period, or only need a specific type of expertise for part of a project.

but these games are their 'brands' so to speak, and while those studios may make the actual product, wouldn't it be up to Bethesda to schedule press releases, arrange showings / events, and manage distribution? That seems to be just as equally important as making the actual game itself.

And I assume Bethesda simply doesn't assign a task to a studio to "make fallout 4."; I'd assume because they own and thus, manage / 'direct' the paths of their IPs, they'd have to deliberate and draw up plans for the studios they hire, to follow. Thus I'm thinking we won't see much of FO4 for a very long while.

Back to top Go down
Livnthedream

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:46 am

Again, not really. Publishing is effectively middle management. They have guys who spend all of their time just doing the scheduling and what nots, keeping up with the development, running projections etc. They aren't taking an "active" hand in development outside of keeping pressure on to hit deadlines and the like. While sometimes the money people do step in and demand certain things (like how all multiplayer fps titles have to have a single player campaign for example, generally its pretty hands off. Even "Bethesda" is effectively 2 seperate companies. The game Development, and the Publishing. All of which is under Zenimax, which also now has a game development branch (Eso) and so on. Its much more compartmentalized into stand alone teams. Its all delegated, not lead by example.
Back to top Go down
Visious

Visious

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 10:51 am

Agree about nooooo co-op.

FNV and FO3 are personal games, for single player only, co-op will kill the feeling, that they give. As I could find, Bethesda planning to work on F4 till 2016, so we actually might get a look on it in 5-6 months, cant wait to see first teasers @_@

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
izuky87

izuky87

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 1:12 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d_3XbHWfx4&feature=youtu.be

Just Update guys! =]

Visious

Visious

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Smells like... fake =)

And nothing actually shown... but still nice to know, that F4 coming soon and people anticipate it.

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
LaEspada

LaEspada

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:20 pm

izuky87 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d_3XbHWfx4&feature=youtu.be

Just Update guys! =]

When I read the platform port options I read Xbox One as X-Bone -_-

Lulz they mention the same thing later in the video Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CheezMon117

CheezMon117

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptySun May 18, 2014 4:28 pm

I would definitely like to see better weapon customization, as well as sprinting.
Back to top Go down
Zetman

Zetman

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 2:45 am

If I had total control over the making of the next Fallout game.  
Fallout: Despair    
There is no "war never changes" voice over. You start as an adult nomadic wastelander at the side of your father as he is dying. His last wish is for you to find a place he has spent most of his life searching for. A place where hunger, thirst, radiation and toxins are nothing more than sad memories. A place that is safe and warm, utopia. Does it exist? You don’t know. Your father hasn’t always been lucid since mom died. But you have nothing to lose. Life on the wastes is harsh and desperate. The quest for utopia is the main quest.

Setting and factions. It would be set far from established territory, still in north america though. I’m thinking of a colder climate than the previous games. Mostly flat grassland/tundra, with patches of forests of mostly dead trees. A mostly gray landscape, with bright colors saved for use in moments of great significance to maximize the dramatic effect. Weather patterns include snow, radioactive rain, and toxic fog (Dead Money style). There would be fewer permanent above ground settlements. Most surface settlements are nomadic camps, which move over the course of the game. There are no above ground farms.  Wastelanders survive by hunting, foraging, and scavenging. Cannibalism isn’t a choice, it’s a necessity far too often. The difference between good karma and bad karma is whether you only eat those who you find dead or are hostile to you, or if you kill whoever you find. You can even butcher your father’s corpse after he passes. The established factions will have no significant presence. What do I mean by that? Think of no more than 5 npcs from any of the old factions. That’s the limit, 5 npcs. There would be no big factions on the scale of the legion or ncr. But there would be many more smaller factions. Most of these factions are small nomadic groups of wastelanders.

Nonhuman enemies. No old school super mutants. But many more varieties of other kinds of mutants. Think of more heads, and more limbs, for one example. I would also add flying enemies.  Both mutant creatures and robotic drones.  Some small, others Skyrim Dragon sized.  

Another idea is for some enemies to have particular weaknesses.  For example, a fog monster.  It is living fog, which attacks by surrounding you and draining your health.  It cannot be harmed by bullets, or melee weapons, they just pass through harmlessly.  But it does have weaknesses, it is slow moving, and can only attack you once it is right on top of you.  And it is extremely flammable, it can only be killed by fire.  
Some old enemies remain, like yao-guai and feral dogs, for examples.

Weapons.  Most weapons are reminiscent of stone age weapons, but with scrap also being a material used, alongside stone and bone.  Guns and energy weapons are extremely rare.  The few wastelanders who have them tower above their fellow wastelanders like gods among men, until they run out of ammo.      

Other things. Hardcore mode makes a return. But this time there is less food and drinkable water. That’s why wastelanders resort to cannibalism. There would be no caps, or other forms of currency. You barter for things instead. Or steal from people. Or scavenge ruins.  

The end game.  The game ends as you find a pristine vault.  You open the main hatch, only to see a figure in power armor standing on the other side holding a gatling laser.  The figure in power armor fires the gatling laser, vaporizing you as your dieing scream fades.  
Now the voice over hits.  "War. War never changes.
The Romans waged war to gather slaves and wealth. Spain built an empire from its lust for gold and territory. Hitler shaped a battered Germany into an economic superpower.
But war never changes.
In the 21st century, war was still waged over the resources that could be acquired. Only this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons: Petroleum and Uranium. For these resources, China would invade Alaska, the US would annex Canada, and the European Commonwealth would dissolve into quarreling, bickering nation-states, bent on controlling the last remaining resources on Earth.
In 2077, the storm of world war had come again. In two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of nuclear devastation, a new civilization would struggle to arise.
Struggle, and fail.  
Every attempt to rebuild civilization has failed.  Every attempt at permanent settlement has failed.  Every attempt at agriculture has failed.  
The age of man is over.  
This is the age of monsters.  
What remains of man is on the edge of survival.  
Hope is dead.  Compassion is dead.  Joy is dead.  
Man has made a new world with the nuclear war.  A world of despair.  
You sought to escape that world of despair.  
But the only escape is death."
Back to top Go down
TheHulksCousin

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 3:03 am

@Zetman
Ho-ly crap dood! That description of FO4 blew my mind.

Zetman

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 3:24 am

TheHulksCousin wrote:
@Zetman
Ho-ly crap dood! That description of FO4 blew my mind.

Heh, Thanks. The Fallout games have always been about struggling to rebuild civilization. I wanted to show what can happen if that struggle failed. And the ending is inspired by the opening to Fallout 2.
Back to top Go down
fey023

fey023

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 3:29 am

This being made by Bethesda, with their absolute masterclass storytelling and writing and all....not that optimistic...

Mods and GECK should be a given, seeing as Bethesda is using the modding community more as a crutch than anything.
Back to top Go down
Dead Sirious

Dead Sirious

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:39 am

I hope the all companions of Fallout 4 aren't like most of the ones in Skyrim. Hopefully, they're worth chatting with or hearing throughout the game.
Back to top Go down
BoomBewm

BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:47 am

Well it will be in boston and hope it has the nuclear winter everybody dream.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next