Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
dead riot Call Superpele Reforged space vault machine boom money commonwealth wolfenstein FCOM ghoul boomers mandalorian upgrades hunk Gear khan Ryse Mask daryl NPCs body marvel
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:33 pm

» hi i'm new person
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby Smellen D'generes Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:06 pm

» New person
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:29 pm

» Howdy pardners.
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:06 am

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:44 am

» who here is a mandalorian??
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
izuky87

izuky87

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 11:05 pm

Well, on another site I participate had a topic like this would be like with the new f4, in my opinion, I wanted them to do the same as Skyrim, both the Craft system such as Skills, For the Skyrim engine is perfect for the new Fallout, just give them a small polished the graphics engine and updates. Now in a matter of history, it would be nice if it was even in Bostom, there are many local legends that place, and I saw on kotaku that the voice actor of Three-Dog (Aw!), posted a script F4, can be true or not, but increasingly I'm hoping the game, meanwhile, I get the mods.  farao 

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 11:34 pm

izuky87 wrote:
I wanted them to do the same as Skyrim, both the Craft system such as Skills, For the Skyrim engine is perfect for the new Fallout, just give them a small polished the graphics engine and updates. Now in a matter of history, it would be nice if it was even in Bostom, there are many local legends that place farao 

Yes, I hadn't thought of the Skyrim Engine and Fallout. It is already built to order (not 64bit but nothing is perfect Wink). I keep hearing about Boston. Good in history. Close to where F03 was located as well. What Fallout history is located there if any? (lore). Or are you implying US history?

I would be happy for Fallout 4 to be anywhere really. I need a new fix of Fallout. I really do. One can really do so much on mods before you start to get burned out. I have been playing Skyrim for a few weeks now just to get a break before returning to my true favorite.

Comrade-Norsch

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 11:49 pm

I as well am excited for a new Fallout. Just like everyone else is saying, I want the game to run on Skyrim's engine, I think it would be great! And I would like a new setting, why not go to a different country? How about China or Russia? Think of it, If it were set in Russia or somewhere in Easter Europe, there could be terrike blizzards and snow storms that drive you into a shelter infested with God knows what. OR in China if the main character is an American or of another origin...there would be PLENTY of pissed of Chinese ghouls still loyal to there country. I think it would be intriguing.

Fеll

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 1:25 am

Definitely more in the way of firearms. If there had been a gun store in FO3, it would have been severely lacking in variety (not including the small additions of DLC's). I agree that FO NV was smaller, but furthermore it was also not as interesting a place to explore as DC. Hopefully, whatever the location of FO4, it will have more intact military installations, and keep the metro with the mostly useless key cards (I loved collecting them). Hopefully there will be areas with more vegetation and trees like in SOC (stalker shadow of Chernobyl) and the actual Chernobyl, where it has been more than 3-4 decades since disaster, and there is large amounts of vegetation. Yes, I know there is difference between nuclear disaster and concentrated radioactive fire from warheads. But still, not everything should be desert.
That's my bit. I could go on further, but it is late.

To smile at a challenge, to grin at a threat

- F е l l
Back to top Go down
TheHulksCousin

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Fеll wrote:
Definitely more in the way of firearms. If there had been a gun store in FO3, it would have been severely lacking in variety (not including the small additions of DLC's). I agree that FO NV was smaller, but furthermore it was also not as interesting a place to explore as DC. Hopefully, whatever the location of FO4, it will have more intact military installations, and keep the metro with the mostly useless key cards (I loved collecting them). Hopefully there will be areas with more vegetation and trees like in SOC (stalker shadow of Chernobyl) and the actual Chernobyl, where it has been more than 3-4 decades since disaster, and there is large amounts of vegetation. Yes, I know there is difference between nuclear disaster and concentrated radioactive fire from warheads. But still, not everything should be desert.
That's my bit. I could go on further, but it is late.

To smile at a challenge, to grin at a threat

- F е l l
I agree. I think the next fallout should be closer to when the bombs fell. Maybe in a flashback sequence the player could go back to the day of The Great War, and possibly deal with that situation?
Back to top Go down
Comrade-Norsch

Comrade-Norsch

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 9:45 pm

Also It would be interesting if there were more races to choose from. Why not start out as a Ghoul? Or a Supermutant? Maybe even a raider or NCR republican. I think that would be awesome.

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 10:12 pm

I always wondered why not a Ghoul. That is actually part of Fallout lore isn't it. A vault has been contaminated with raidations and a Ghoul city was created. Why not have some accident that happened and have the son/daughter be forced out of the vault because of Ghoulificaton?

izuky87

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 11:16 pm

ritualclarity wrote:
I always wondered why not a Ghoul. That is actually part of Fallout lore isn't it. A vault has been contaminated with raidations and a Ghoul city was created. Why not have some accident that happened and have the son/daughter be forced out of the vault because of Ghoulificaton?

Yeah there something I did not think, would be quite interesting and sad at the same time, imagine the end of the game, he become a Feral? D:
Would be very sad D:

TheHulksCousin

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:20 pm

ritualclarity wrote:
There are already multiple mods to allow your character to become a ghoul, but I agree. Maybe an optional quest where you find the cure for Ghoulification? That would be cool. Sort of like the quest to find the cure for Vampirism in Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 11:19 pm

Shame I think they missed the opportunity in FO3 with both the doctor in Tenpenny and Underworld. Good quest that might have been interesting.

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 11:22 pm

It seems like there are a lot of holes in the fallout game's plots where if the developers had more time, they could have made the game a lot more charming. Oh well. Guess we have to deal with it.

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 11:36 pm

There are lots of holes in movies, books, games in general. Some of the info is put forth for filler or atmosphere and not intended to be developed further. Many times in movies the writers look at these little nuggets and create a spin off from the original. I can forgive them. Most of their "science" is at least consistent. (unlike Skyrim's history and how it plays out in the game, but we won't get into that.. Wink ) They did some things right like introducing children or grand children of individuals that gamers have already met in previous Fallout games. Something that can lead to more immersion. I have no doubt that they will make a 4 and in this there will be strong references to the rest of the franchise. Since Skyrims Engine is better than FNV, (and FNV is better than FO3 and so forth and so on) it is likely it will be built up on some version of Skyrim's engine with more improvements and a bit of customization.

Dr. Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2014 11:35 am

For the stories/quests that do come out for FO4 I'm hoping they branch out even further or even allow modders to do spin offs with their mods creating their own individual continuation to all the characters we run into during our travels in the wasteland. Always thought about running into Veronica later on in life and seeing how she's doing in New Vegas...whether she ever met anyone special or needed my assistance. Not that I'm any great modder but I would love to see branch off stories in the modding community. Smile

But than I'm not sure if you have to get permission from Bethesda/Obsidian in order to reuse these characters that they have created. I'd be nice if they allowed this for the modding community. They did give us the creation kits so I can't see this as being a problem.

Thoughts/opinions?

Film Noir Discussion Thread
Back to top Go down
Tupolev

Tupolev

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2014 7:12 am

I really want them to do something reasonable. The moral choices back in the rest of the Fallout games were pretty black and white. Sure, you could justify going either way, but it was unconvincing at best.

The wasteland is a tough place and from what I hear, it'll have to deal with issues of slavery (with androids / MIT, someone suggested that this may be it)- if it's right to enslave robots to better humanity's conditio in the wasteland. So what I'd like to see is some tougher choices that throw away the typical gimmicks of forcing players to choose (i.e., dangling rare weapons / caches of loot in front of them) and make people think about what they're doing. For a roleplay game I think that's a great feature to have.
Back to top Go down
Towerwatch

Towerwatch

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:17 pm

I'd like to hear back from you guys about this particular idea, because when I tell it to all my friends who like Elder Scrolls and/or Skyrim, I get mixed opinions.

What if... The next fallout game... HAD PLAYER CHARACTER VOICE SETS?! Very Happy

What I mean when I say "player voices vets" is having the ability to select one of many pre-recorded audio dialects that can fit any player race and morality from the start of the game. I've always ended up reading the lines aloud to myself, and while I am a decent voice actor, I tend to give the same spin on all of my dialogue. (imagine the gradual progression of David Hayter's gravely voice) I think it'd be nice to have a voice to go with some of the fantastic dialouge given to the player character in the series.

I mean, in addition to getting fantastic voice actors like Liam Neeson and Ron Freaking Pearlman, Yuri Lowenthal and other voice actors with great range have been a part of fallout before. With voice talent like this, I don't see why Bethesda doesn't go the extra mile for roleplayers and give some voices to us aside from grunts pain or exertion. I mean, voiceless protagonists have worked before, and I can see the appeal, but enabling an optional player voice would really work to enhance the experience of the games.
Back to top Go down
Tupolev

Tupolev

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:42 pm

Towerwatch wrote:
I'd like to hear back from you guys about this particular idea, because when I tell it to all my friends who like Elder Scrolls and/or Skyrim, I get mixed opinions.

What if... The next fallout game... HAD PLAYER CHARACTER VOICE SETS?! Very Happy

What I mean when I say "player voices vets" is having the ability to select one of many pre-recorded audio dialects that can fit any player race and morality from the start of the game. I've always ended up reading the lines aloud to myself, and while I am a decent voice actor, I tend to give the same spin on all of my dialogue. (imagine the gradual progression of David Hayter's gravely voice)  I think it'd be nice to have a voice to go with some of the fantastic dialouge given to the player character in the series.

I mean, in addition to getting fantastic voice actors like Liam Neeson and Ron Freaking Pearlman, Yuri  Lowenthal and other voice actors with great range have been a part of fallout before. With voice talent like this, I don't see why Bethesda doesn't go the extra mile for roleplayers and give some voices to us aside from grunts pain or exertion. I mean, voiceless protagonists have worked before, and I can see the appeal, but enabling an optional player voice would really work to enhance the experience of the games.

I mean, doesn't that break immersion? Aside from a few plot related caveats you are pretty much free to decide who you are in ES or Fallout. Plus, recording those hundreds after hundreds of lines of dialogue for the different character dispositions- and then somehow providing a wide enough variety of choice means a LOT of development time and money spent.
Back to top Go down
The 3rd Type

The 3rd Type

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2014 7:23 pm

I'm playing it cautiously optimistic, at best, worried at worst. The creation engine does inspire some fanciful thinking about what it could turn out to be. I'm hopeful, still worried though.
Back to top Go down
http://taleoftwowastelands.com
Towerwatch

Towerwatch

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2014 7:33 pm

[/quote]
I mean, doesn't that break immersion? Aside from a few plot related caveats you are pretty much free to decide who you are in ES or Fallout. Plus, recording those hundreds after hundreds of lines of dialogue for the different character dispositions- and then somehow providing a wide enough variety of choice means a LOT of development time and money spent. [/quote]

It could just as easily break immersion as it could enhance it. Making it an option is crucial. Additionally, I can sort of understand the idea that it might take a fair amount of time and money, I mean unless they get a good voice director, that's definitely possible. And another reason I suggest this is because the game's bound to be lacking in something, something that the modding community will eventually try to compensate for. For FO3 it was functionality, For FNV it was crashes and bugs, and modders have successfully circumvented that. One thing that modders generally do not have the capability or the desire to do is voice acting, so I'd love it if there was more of a focus on that in the development cycle.

Since I forgot to mention it before here's a few other things i wanna see in FO4!

-More clothing diversity
-Joining factions that preclude access to other factions
-Larger maps!
-A vehicle or two
-The ability to dual wield weapons
-enhanced melee combat
-a 2slot swap or 3slot cycle weapon equipment system
-the removal of hitscan!
-greater game altering consequences (like megaton but bigger)
Back to top Go down
The 3rd Type

The 3rd Type

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Dual Weilding would be amazing. Imagine it; Dual Power Fists.

KAPOW.
Back to top Go down
http://taleoftwowastelands.com
Livnthedream

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2014 9:44 pm

@Towerwatch Pearlmen has already stated that he isn't coming back for Fallout 4.

@Thread Apparently I am the only one who likes things "unfinished" so the holes can be plugged well with mods. Something I have enjoyed about Fallout 3/NV/Skyrim is the ability to get all sorts of replay because even with the same "content" it feels so different with different mod setups. Even with the same mod setups even adding a companion like Inigo makes Skyrim feel very different. I like how crafting is in FNV because I can safely skip it if I don't want to deal with it. I don't feel compelled to pick up crafting skills like I do in Skyrim because of how effective they are. I end up smithing on every character because stats > themes when it comes to effective gameplay, especially with most modded armors not being placed in the world. In FNV if I want to take part in crafting I can grab Alternative Repairing and Ammo Crafting Recipes and have all the in depth crafting I can ask for. Barebones leaves far more room for customization via modders than a fully fledged game does, especially if you want to do it without conflicts everywhere.

The only thing that I really want from Fallout 4 is the ability to play it co-op. Instead of a mediocre companion system (since the vast majority of companions suck, and even the "good" ones like the before mentioned Inigo have issues) I want the ability to bring along a real friend. Especially on Console I see this as being a significant boon, and we all know it will be developed with consoles in mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)   Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk aboout Fallout 4 (F4)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next