Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
January 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Any Hope for Imperial Commando?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Six
Faction: Helljumpers
Level: 32

PostSubject: Any Hope for Imperial Commando?   Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:20 pm

This was a long running rumor that Republic Commandos (one of the best Star Wars games I have ever played) would gain a sequel as Imperial Commandos, and with E3 strolling through, I was wondering if anyone else is (or was) holding their breath for a possible reveal.

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet
Name: Julien
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 29

PostSubject: Re: Any Hope for Imperial Commando?   Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:31 pm

I don't think they will ever give Republic Commando a sequel :/ Unfortunately, Disney is very strict about Star Wars canon, and a game such as this one would re-introduce RC in the canon, as well as the possible sequel itself...

Maybe we'll have a spiritual successor, but a direct sequel seems impossible :/ Furthermore, EA already had its E3 Conference, so no reveal this year

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2pacDre

PostSubject: Re: Any Hope for Imperial Commando?   Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:58 pm

There are rumors that the unknown EA Star Wars IP is Imperial Commando, but its all conjecture right now. The former project lead on Republic Commando did say that Sev did indeed survive and he becomes part of the rebellion, rescuing the remnants of Delta Squad and joining the Rebel Alliance against the Empire, so for me I have the ending I wanted. However it is very unlikely that we get a new game in the series.

PROROOK363

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Any Hope for Imperial Commando?   Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:04 pm

@FafnirEtherion @2pacDre Yeah I hear yah both. A darn shame honestly, but thus the things we must pay because Disney.

thegreataimbottio

PostSubject: Re: Any Hope for Imperial Commando?   Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:52 pm

@FafnirEtherion wrote:
I don't think they will ever give Republic Commando a sequel :/ Unfortunately, Disney is very strict about Star Wars canon, and a game such as this one would re-introduce RC in the canon, as well as the possible sequel itself...

Maybe we'll have a spiritual successor, but a direct sequel seems impossible :/ Furthermore, EA already had its E3 Conference, so no reveal this year

Hasn't the Clone Wars TV show made Republic Commando canon?

Anyway, even if there was another Republic Commando in the form of Imperial Commando, I'm sure EA would find some way to mess it up.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Any Hope for Imperial Commando?   Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:57 pm

@thegreataimbottio Yeah, now that you mention it, I do remember them becoming canon...

SupaDupaFee

PostSubject: Re: Any Hope for Imperial Commando?   Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:17 am

@thegreataimbottio wrote:
@FafnirEtherion wrote:

Hasn't the Clone Wars TV show made Republic Commando canon?

Anyway, even if there was another Republic Commando in the form of Imperial Commando, I'm sure EA would find some way to mess it up.

The squads known as Republic commandos are still cannon since some commandos were shown in the Clone Wars cartoon, but the original stories (Expanded universe books and the Republic Commandos game) are not. Theres still room to make another Republic Commando game, but would probably be something like Mirrors Edge Catalyst where they scrap the previous story and make a completely new one.

On a side note, you guys should read up on the original Commando books theyre pretty cool.

Edit:
Did you know:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
John_570

PostSubject: Re: Any Hope for Imperial Commando?   Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:19 am

I remember playing Republic Commandos for the original Xbox , and i had a lot fun playing it. It would be nice to see some type of sequel, but like the others said I think its unlikely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Hope for Imperial Commando?   Today at 1:28 pm

Back to top Go down

Any Hope for Imperial Commando?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1