Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele Call daryl space vault Ryse boomers Gear marvel machine ghoul wolfenstein dead khan boom mandalorian commonwealth body Mask FCOM Reforged money NPCs riot upgrades hunk
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DevinMonroe

DevinMonroe

Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.    Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 8:17 am

I'm curious what everyone thinks are the most essential mods and why and Order them from most essential and onward. I'm a modding newbie and a GUN newbie, but i'd like to see how everyones opinions differ and if im missing out on something amazing, Very Happy here's my list:

#1 AWKCR by Valdacil and Gambit77 - I'm sure most people will say that this is number 1 and there isn't much argument there. Very Happy

#2 Armorsmith Extended by Gambit77 - Amazing mod that adds compatibility for all clothing in the base game to have armor worn over it, overhauls the clothing crafting system so you can mod glasses/goggles, gloves, hats, etc. And it adds new craftable outfits as well as adding an armorsmith workbench for you to create your favorite modded in armors from Wink
#3 New Calibers by BrownCoatGarrus - Adds TONS of different new calibers to the game to choose from with damage statistics based on the caliber being used, and caliber conversions for the vanilla weapons as well as modded. Lots of fun to tinker with different weapons and calibers.

#4 Eli's Armor Collection Remade by Elianora - Adds a wide variety of cool new armors and clothing to the game that can be crafted at the armorsmith workbench that add a nice touch to the basic armors and clothing of the base game. You can't get this mod anymore as of right now because of mod thieves.

#5 Personal Craftable Vertibird by Wintermuteai1 - This is essential for me mostly because I play on survival and choose not to side with the brotherhood of steel. It's also incredibly useful to have a vertibird you can store all your different types of gear on.

That's ma list, lets see how everyone else's differs. Smile

Last edited by DevinMonroe on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Credit)
Back to top Go down
okinabe

okinabe

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.    Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 10:36 am

My personal must have mods for Fallout 4

1. Unofficial patch for bug fixes

2. Modern firearms

3. Fellow gunner mod for Fallout 4 Very Happy

4. Fallout.ini mod to remove framerate caps

5. Remove never ending faction radiant quest mod (such as defense or help settlement, etc) and remove "BOS encounter vertibird" that suck and destroy everything in my path -_-

and this is one that must have especially for me ULG/ULT mod because my crappy laptop :p

Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Giphy10
Back to top Go down
DevinMonroe

DevinMonroe

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.    Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 11:07 am

@"okinabe" You have some really good ones on your list. A lot of them i've never heard of so i'll definitely check them out. your #5 sounds REALLY useful those vertibirds get really annoying after a while. :p

onowrouzi

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.    Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 12:43 pm

In no particular order...

1. Raider Overhaul (creates MUCH more variety with raiders who are the most often faced enemy)

2. Super Mutant Redux (does same for Super Mutants)

3. Wasteland Creatures Redone (makes creatures much more vibrant and cool looking)

4. Leveled Spawns (adds several new enemies to various areas without overcrowding them in existing areas like other spawning mods)

5. All of the crafting mods (Armorsmith/Weaponsmith/etc... obvious reasons)

{{{ 6. Crafted Weapon Retexture to get rid of the piss colored rust. }}}

DevinMonroe

DevinMonroe

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.    Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 12:54 pm

@"onowrouzi" looks like i'm missing out on a lot of good mods. What are some examples of new enemies that leveled spawns adds?

onowrouzi

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.    Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Leveled spawns doesn't add new types of enemies. It just adds existing ones to otherwise vacant and boring areas.

okinabe

okinabe

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.    Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 11:27 pm

@DevinMonroe very annoying after you blow out one and you back to the exact same spot and it comes again -_-

the mods are on the nexus btw if youre looking for the Unofficial Patch and Random Vertibird Encounter

Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Giphy10
Back to top Go down
HaxorusShiny

HaxorusShiny

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.    Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 3:14 am

I suppose I'll add mine in.

1. Modular Kalash Rifle - Awesome representation of the AK platform, lots of customizability, and well, it's an AK, what's not to like?

2. Scavenged NCR Armor - This is a great reimagining of a classic armor, the textures are hi res, it includes a long and short duster version, and that helmet looks badass with The Rebel armor (which could have easily taken this spot on this list).

3. Weapons of Fate - Makes weapons shoot actual projectiles, and not instantly hit people 300 meters away in the face. There's bullet velocity, bullet drop, and plus, catching the rounds in motion makes for some badass screenshots.

4. Lootable Cars/More Noticeable Hit Effect - Yeah I couldn't choose. This spot is for small mods that make a subtle but noticeable effect on how you play the game. Lootable cars.. well, makes cars have loot in them, which makes logical sense. Wouldn't you check cars in an apocalypse? And More Noticeable Hit Effect creates a customizable effect when you take damage, from a short red flash, to a little blur and screen shake, to full on DOF. Gifs are on the mod page if you want to see what I'm talking about.

5: Resurrection - This mod is... wow. If you ever wanted to cross Fallout with the overgrown look of The Last of Us, this is your mod, BIG TIME. There's even a video of it on my channel, here. Basically, it overhauls textures, and sounds to basically make the world feel like a different place. Hodilton also has a video here if you want to see comparison shots. The difference is insane, and I would use this myself if I had the VRAM to spare. This one I recommend everyone install once (even though it's a big ass file), just so they can see it for themselves in game.

Honorable mention: True Storms - Same as in Skyrim, great job overhauling the weathers by an excellent mod author, pretty much an automatic install for me.

DevinMonroe

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.    Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 5:00 am

@"HaxorusShiny" You and me seem like we have a lot of the same tastes, :p I have Modular kalash, and the scavenged NCR armor, but I was kind of hesitant to install weapons of fate, something about the tracers on the bullets looked really cartoony to me. Lootable cars/more noticeable hit effects i've never heard about but I love my immersion so i'll definitely be looking into that one. But WOW resurrection looks gorgeous in-game, i've seen a few pics of it before but that video you linked really did it a solid. Not sure if my computer will be able to run though. But very nice list, opened my horizons a bit. Smile

HaxorusShiny

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.    Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 11:33 am

@DevinMonroe Weapons of fate is actually modular now, and there's a version that gets rid of the glowing effect on the bullets.

Neighbor

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.    Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 6:46 pm

Might as well throw mine out there.

In no particular order:

1. Weapons of Fate - Makes gunplay as a whole more realistic, tactical, and overall enjoyable. The added physics to bullets forces you to approach shooting with a lot more thought and planning, at least at longer ranges.

2. FO4 Blurriness Remover - Adds some much needed sharpness and clarity to the vanilla FO4 environment. Colors appear much more vibrant, and isn't too cumbersome on the GPU. Probably not a necessity if your using an ENB, but still worth checking out.

3. Full Dialogue Interface – Simple mod, but a lifesaver if you’re not a fan of the new dialogue system. Let’s you to know what your character will say before you select a response.

4. Beast Master Creature Companion Overhaul – A great addition to the Wasteland Workshop capture system. As opposed to simply capturing creatures and having them guard settlements, this mod grants the player the ability to tame animals and make them fully-functioning companions. But let’s be real all I cared about was getting a deathclaw to follow me around.

5. Vivid Fallout – Nice shiny HD textures for the Commonwealth. Could have put something else but I’m just a sucker for anything HD.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.    Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 5 MUST have mods for Fallout 4 and why.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1