Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Mask hunk wolfenstein money vault Superpele machine Call boomers Gear upgrades boom body Reforged marvel Ryse mandalorian space NPCs commonwealth khan ghoul riot daryl dead FCOM
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 11:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 2:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:29 am

» Late Introduction
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:29 pm

» Greetings!
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PROROOK363

PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Shiromara
Faction: Headhunters
Level: 7

The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 6:46 pm

@"Constable Canada" I think its great that some people were introduced to the world of Fallout at such a young age. Do you think it shaped your perception of the world as you grew older?

@"William Lionheart" I still have yet to play STALKER, though I've heard some crazy things about it. And sometimes I wish I could play Fallout with TTW, but alas, my pc ultimately SUCKS

@"ebbelpoo" Man, I would be so pumped if that were to be true, Fallout in New Orleans, just wonderful, but I believe that rumor was dismissed a while back...

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet
Name: Julien
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 29

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 7:30 pm

( Here is my 100th post guys ! Smile )

I said what brought me to Fallout but, what did Fallout brought me ?
First and foremost, it gave me my first ever cripling video game addiction ! Back when I was around 14-15, I was still in High-School ( I think it is the proper translation of where I was, since we don't use the same system in my country ), in the middle of an English test and I just couldn't think about anything but Fallout XD ! The last time I played, Autumn killed my Father, and in the middle of the classroom I was like : " That fucker is going to have his arms ripped and beaten to death with them ! And I'll take his fabulous coat too ! "... Needless to say that I failed that test XD

Anyway, a couple of years later, I was no longer addicted like I used to be... Is it a good or a bad thing ? I let you guys judge...

Something possitive that the Fallout games brought me is my ( serious ) introduction to PC gaming ! When I was a Kid, I used to play KOTOR2 on the familly's computer with my sister... Along with the Sims 2 and Zoo Tycon 2 ( Oooh, the memories :,) ) ! But it really was New Vegas that made me upgrate my old piece of junk that I called my computer...

And, well, It's still a piece of junk, but it's a piece of junk capable of running Fallout 3 and New Vegas and Skyrim, with mods !!

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
PROROOK363

PROROOK363

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 7:58 pm

@"FafnirEtherion" (Congrats on your 100th post!)

Honestly, same. I would play from the bginning of the day all the way until midnight, though when I was ever needed around the house I made sure to set it aside for a time. But yeah Fallout has brought me closer to gaming than anything else (though DOOM 3 kept me hook for a while at such a young age). A youtuber by the name of SHODDYCAST (an avid Fallout fan) made a video discussing video game addiction you should check it out.

However, it brought me alot of good, ultimately perseverence, hope, and sociological/anthropological/sociological notions, considering the lore and style of the genre. Plus, it opened me up to the concept of alternate timelines, and so much more.

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 8:57 pm

The way in which i started was almost a bit too embarrassing for me to admit, but i bought the collectors edition of Fallout 3 on a whim when it first came out. I started playing and really only got as far as the GNR building area. I...well...*sigh* didn't know repairing weapons was a thing. At all. i was carrying about 5 or 6 assault rifles of varying conditions around with me as well as a fat man. I was stuck in the subway tunnels with no ammo and all of my weapons in disrepair. I also had no stimpacks. So i was basically sneaking around the subway killing single raiders with mini-nukes because i had nothing else. I couldn't take it anymore, so i stopped playing for a few months until my cousin showed me how to play and scavenge for things. Since that day i have not stopped playing this glorious game series.

PROROOK363

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 12:09 am

@"Grimmex" Same! I never knew I could repair, or that I needed to. Just stashed up on weapons constantly.

ebbelpoo

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 1:08 am

PROROOK363 wrote:
@ebbelpoo Man, I would be so pumped if that were to be true, Fallout in New Orleans, just wonderful, but I believe that rumor was dismissed a while back.

Ok, now I am sad. I was really hoping for something like that. I may have been grasping at straws, but they were so very lovely straws.
Back to top Go down
PROROOK363

PROROOK363

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 1:38 am

@"ebbelpoo" Yeah man, sorry. You could look more into it, but I believe Obsidian confirmed another project.

keatit71

Character sheet
Name: Tristan
Faction: Null
Level: Error value too high

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 4:29 am

i first got into fallout when i got a copy from my local game store without knowing what to expect and what i got was amazing and i haven't stopped since as it has been one of my most favorite games since burnout 3

Back to top Go down
http://ansaartgb.wixsite.com/beyond-vanilla
PROROOK363

PROROOK363

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 5:19 am

@"keatit71" Man, burnout 3 is just so long ago for me. Didn't think anyone else remembered it

keatit71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 7:18 am

@PROROOK363 its good to find someone thats heard of it, what console did you have it on?

Back to top Go down
PROROOK363

PROROOK363

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 7:22 am

@"keatit71" I had an Xbox, yourself?

keatit71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 7:23 am

@PROROOK363 yeah same with me did you have any of the older gtas?

Back to top Go down
PROROOK363

PROROOK363

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 8:58 am

I had Vice City Stories on the PSP, bit I was always a True Crimes kinda kid @"keatit71"

keatit71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 9:34 am

@PROROOK363 yeah i had all the gtas except the top down ones and gta 4 - 5 on my xbox original and i also had true crime as well but i guess i never liked it as much as gta cause i can't remember much of the story from it

Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 12:13 pm

PROROOK363 wrote:
@Grimmex Same! I never knew I could repair, or that I needed to. Just stashed up on weapons constantly.

Yeah basically! I was so relieved when i figured out how the game actually worked haha.

alexr292

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 1:29 pm

If it wasn't for @rebillion76 I don't think that I would've gotten into fallout.

According to my Steam records, I bought 3 and NV on 27/10/12, I didn't start playing them until early 2015. I'm pretty sure I only got into it because rebillion76 was playing them and I was curious about it. Ended up finishing my first playthrough of NV on March 8th/2015, still haven't finished 3 + DLC, Lonesome Road, Dead Money, OWB, or Automatron and Far Harbour in F4 (lol).

Fast forward to E3 2015 and Fallout 4 was announced, and I was speechless. It was definetly the most hype moment I've ever had in gaming.

Fast forward again to release night and rebillion76 and I are camped out in my basement waiting patiently. Was so overwhelmed with the release I thought my game was broken because my controller was connected, and I always play with M+KB. Rebillion76 had issues with the game starting up. Turns out it was his drivers.

Even though I haven't finished quite a bit of fallout stuff, I love the lore behind it and the mods that people have been creating.

Back to top Go down
VWgolfR1

VWgolfR1

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 6:17 pm

I think it was one video on youtube where it was listed as no. 8 video game of the decade 2000 - 2010. After that I did more research and ended up buying it and liking it a lot. After that I played New Vegas, then Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 ... and they were even better games for me than Fo3.
Back to top Go down
PROROOK363

PROROOK363

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 6:19 pm

@"keatit71" The most I can recall from True Crime is always being tossed off a building by the end of the game
@"alexr292" haha alot people put Fallout on the backburner I realize only to realize 'wow, it's actually not that bad'. I only did that for Titanfall and War for Cybertron.
@"VWgolfR21" I think the lore from the older Fallouts expand the scope of the world so much for those that start at three, they begin to cherish NV a little bit more. (PS: nice profile name)

keatit71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 4:25 am

@PROROOK363 yeah i seem to remember that alot as well

Back to top Go down
VWgolfR1

VWgolfR1

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 5:51 pm

@"PROROOK363" @"keatit71" If you mean True Crime: Streets of L.A., then I'm also someone who played it a lot. I think falling of a building happens only if you screw around killing people and get the bad ending.

Oh, and yes, the lore is definitely richer in the ''western'' Fallout games.

PS: you mean the profile name that has the name of a car? I think you're the first person who finds it cool, haha. I only picked it because I go with the same name on Nexus, and I can't change it there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout   The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The (Your) Personal History behind Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next