Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boom Ryse Call Superpele money boomers mandalorian upgrades ghoul riot FCOM Mask machine space hunk khan Reforged wolfenstein dead marvel vault commonwealth body daryl NPCs Gear
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JSev33

JSev33

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Empty
PostSubject: Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness)   Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 6:41 am

Maybe someone here has had experience with this, but no matter what I do, I can't turn the brightness down in my game. Pause menu? Nope. Ini tweaks? Nada. New Vegas Configurator? Noe. Imaginator? Nuh-uh. I even tried to use ENBs to change the colors, but no. Courier ENB kinda-sorta worked, but then I tried Blackout ENB and everything just got worse Sad . Anyone have any other ideas that don't involve the defenestration of my computer?

Undeadsewer

PostSubject: Re: Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness)   Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 6:52 am

When this happens, it's my monitor that's causing the brightness issue since lighting in my house fluctuates almost all day. Here are some tips worth trying: (Might not be guaranteed.)

- Try letting the game auto-detect your settings in the FNV Launcher. (The Default Button)
- Delete the .ini files and let the game create new ones for you.
- De-activate the plugins that modify the lighting in game. (Imaginator, ENBs, etc.) Then, try one of the methods above. (This will take longer.)
- If all else fails, try checking the brightness settings on your monitor.

I hope this helps you! Smile

Back to top Go down
JSev33

JSev33

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness)   Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 7:32 am

I've tried all that too... It's defeintely not the monitor; everything else I see on my screen is A-OK. At the moment I'm using Rudy ENB with "effect" turned off, but it's more of a band-aid than an actual solution. Still, it works. Thanks for the tips though.

PostSubject: Re: Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness)   Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 7:49 am

Sounds like your ENB is the problem, if changing something about the ENB 'fixes' or at least lessens it.

I had a OMG BRIGHT MY EYES issue once, by running the wrong d3d9.dll with my ENB. I literally thought my monitor was going to explode in my face.
Back to top Go down
BlackcatTW

BlackcatTW

PostSubject: Re: Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness)   Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 3:54 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
Sounds like your ENB is the problem, if changing something about the ENB 'fixes' or at least lessens it.

I had a OMG BRIGHT MY EYES issue once, by running the wrong d3d9.dll with my ENB.  I literally thought my monitor was going to explode in my face.

In my case, my monitor went black and turned off, biggest scare of my life.
Back to top Go down
Kostyan

Kostyan

PostSubject: Re: Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness)   Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 4:14 pm

I had this problem one time, and It was because the resolution of the screen was not correct, try to go to your options in the launcher.

Otherwise, try to find the way to change it in your ENB options menu.

Or, if you think the game fucked up (it's arrive sometimes), try to reinstall it, or I'm sure you can change it for the Ini files in fallout new vegas steam folder AND for my games folder, if you change just one .Ini folder, it's won't work at all!

Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness)   Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 4:48 pm

well first off it could be the renderinfo file that has some wrong shaders still in there (happens when switching enbs a lot)
then a thing you could try checking is if the files in the folder where your saves are (not the game directory) namely falloutprefs and fallout.ini aren't set to read only
I have high hopes one of this might be the issue as the enb sorta helped, good luck

JSev33

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness)   Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 6:53 pm

I think Kostyan is the closest; my resolution is correct, and I had the issue before installing any ENBs. I was hoping to avoid a clean install, but it looks like that gonna happen.

The main issue is that I'm running TTW, so so,etching that makes one wasteland look pretty may break the other. And that's exactly what I did Sad

PostSubject: Re: Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness)   Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness) Empty

Back to top Go down

Frustratingly Unfixable Gamma (Brightness)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Troubleshooting-